Morton v Livingston

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tough game this one, will be completely different to the cup game, there will be more energy and we will have to be at our best to get anything here. 

Im not concerned by our league start, 8th place was the aim and is still the aim, I think we have enough in our team to do that. 

We really need another CB, Longridge was shown up last weekend as not being good enough cover to play centre back. 

If we take anything from this I'll be very happy. 

Not much interest on the P&B site for this game.

What kind of support can we expect Livingston to bring?

I see St Mirren are still having problems with the ultra modern Interstadia ticket system for their game v the Arabs.

East Lothian Saints posted on Dundee Unt thread

" I nicked online booked two Train tickets and thought just to be on the safe side I'll order tickets for the match online too just in case a massive support arrives at the ground before I leave the pub and I can't get a ticket on the day. Get as far as Buy tickets select seats and nothing appears. I've read about  you guys moaning about the ticket website in the past and normally I don't have any bother getting tickets online but today I'm joining you in decrying the inept product that interstadia provide."

Well can't see any updates this week so I take it will the old fashioned flash the season card at the gate method of entry. Visitors buy tickets a TB and flash those.

Come on Morton get control of this pish and show we are a professional outfit.

Can we have weekly updates, current position, matters to be addressed, weekly progress and final date for system implementation.

Used to enjoy a trip to the Morton club before the game but they've really cut down the size over the last few years.

Shame really because it used to be a really good setup with the snooker downstairs and about three separate bars and a wee snooker room. upstairs.

A lot of livvy fans seem to be in a right state about the start they have made.. Its only a couple of games into the season. Last term it took us to week 6 to record our first win and we went on to have a great season and easily finished in the top 4 despite not winning any of our last 9 games!

It took St Mirren about 15 games before they won last season and they still stayed up.

On the other side of the scale, QOTS won most of the first quarter games then went about 18 games without a win after that!

You have shown in the cup games that you can beat decent teams so I am sure you will be fine. There are 5 clubs in the division without a win, so you are not exactly alone.

In saying that, expect a pumping on Saturday!!

1 hour ago, madton said:

A lot of livvy fans seem to be in a right state about the start they have made.. Its only a couple of games into the season. Last term it took us to week 6 to record our first win and we went on to have a great season and easily finished in the top 4 despite not winning any of our last 9 games!

It took St Mirren about 15 games before they won last season and they still stayed up.

On the other side of the scale, QOTS won most of the first quarter games then went about 18 games without a win after that!

You have shown in the cup games that you can beat decent teams so I am sure you will be fine. There are 5 clubs in the division without a win, so you are not exactly alone.

In saying that, expect a pumping on Saturday!!

Yep, some nervousness from some Livi fans after our first defeat in 18 games because we haven't had a win in our first 3 league games. As you say it's a long season and nothing is decided in the first 9 games, always good to get that first win right enough.

Wasn't really expecting us to beat Morton in the cup game and i'm not too confident about doing it again in this game either, so hopefully our players will surprise me again.

I'll have to go look on the Morton website, our OS has the tickets at £18 but they go up to £20 after 1pm, a bit strange, obv wanting folk to get them early so we aren't standing in a big queue again but a bit of a rip off as away fans aren't likely to be through before 1pm. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, some nervousness from some Livi fans after our first defeat in 18 games because we haven't had a win in our first 3 league games. As you say it's a long season and nothing is decided in the first 9 games, always good to get that first win right enough.

Wasn't really expecting us to beat Morton in the cup game and i'm not too confident about doing it again in this game either, so hopefully our players will surprise me again.

I'll have to go look on the Morton website, our OS has the tickets at £18 but they go up to £20 after 1pm, a bit strange, obv wanting folk to get them early so we aren't standing in a big queue again but a bit of a rip off as away fans aren't likely to be through before 1pm. 

Beat me to it, its utterly ridiculous. 

It's pish. Not all home fans can be there that early either. They are making fans pay because they've gone with a horrendous third party to sort their ticket system out. 

This can't be right why should away fans need to get there two hours before a match. This must be rethought out.

Can understand applying extra charge to home fans, once they get the Fan's card working as they have option to buy in days leading up to game and eventually on line.

Away fans should get in touch with Antonia  by calling 01475 723571 during office hours 99.00 to 5.00 Mon-Fri) or by emailing: antonia@gmfc.net and seek clarification.

12 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Beat me to it, its utterly ridiculous. 

Adult tickets purchased between 1pm and 3pm on a matchday are subject to an additional £2 charge and this will be invested directly into our own youth development programme.

I like this, well that's makes it ok then that the away fans are being hit with a £2 tax that goes towards Morton's youth development.

:thumsup2 Have to hand it to them right enough, fuckers deserve plaudits for ripping the pish out of us with that one. :lol:

Further evidence that the club haven't thought through this new ticketing system at all. I'd always assumed that when the system was finally operational away fans would still be paying £18 regardless of when or where they paid for entry as anything else is obviously batshit mental.

Their entire handling of this for Morton fans has been shambolic from start to finish regardless of what problems are outwith their control: they're now fucking away fans over with it too.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Further evidence that the club haven't thought through this new ticketing system at all. I'd always assumed that when the system was finally operational away fans would still be paying £18 regardless of when or where they paid for entry as anything else is obviously batshit mental.

Their entire handling of this for Morton fans has been shambolic from start to finish regardless of what problems are outwith their control: they're now fucking away fans over with it too.

Surely you would need to find out if Livi were offered tickets to sell and at what price? If they refused, then the club would be well within their rights to use the same criteria for charging entry as they do the home support

13 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Surely you would need to find out if Livi were offered tickets to sell and at what price? If they refused, then the club would be well within their rights to use the same criteria for charging entry as they do the home support

Why should Livingston sell tickets in advance when they're going to have 2-300 fans going in an away end holding about 800? That's completely unnecessary. For St. Mirren selling tickets in advance made sense due to the size of crowd, there's no need for anyone else unless Falkirk or Dundee Utd have a big game here. We still have cash turnstiles at the away end, use them.

Of course, in this case it's a disgrace that home fans are being charged £20 as well. Until the website is operational and it's easy to buy tickets with the system working as it should, it should be £18 for everyone. Anything else is taking the piss.

18 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Not really why should Livingston need to organise and collect our income, unless it was a real all ticket game with a limited allocation.

Yes this has not been thought out.

Pity clubs didn't get together on this and introduce a league system for those with electronic gates and have a league fans card where you could buy a ticket for any game. Maybe this can still be implemented for the clubs that have gone down the Interstadia route.

Just now, Colkitto said:

Morton FC really should be able to cope with a couple of hundred away fans getting through their turnstiles via the ticket office on match days. If this charge is meant to encourage fans down to purchase tickets early to avoid large queues at the TO then it obv wont have the desired effect on travelling supporters that are turning up on match days, and they must know that, so all they are really doing is hitting away fans with an extra £2 charge.

The bit about it going to your youth development might be a sweetener for Morton fans having to pay extra but it kinda adds salt to the wounds for away fans, being charged extra to get in to give an involuntary donation to your youth development, aye cheers for that ya wido. :lol: 

Archived