East Kilbride 6 - 0 Hawick RA

Edinburgh Uni 2 - 1 Whitehill

Edusport 3 - 1 Vale of Leithen

Gretna 1 - 1 Cumbernauld

Selkirk 1 - 2 BSC

Spartans 3 - 2 Dalbeattie

Stirling Uni 1 - 3 Gala Fairydean

And Shire - CSS is tomorrow afternoon

Ed Uni 2-1 ww 2 soft goals allowed the students to go 2 up before james flynn pulled one back with a header at the back post for ww. The student defence seemed confident with everything ww threw at them. A game ruined by the swirling wind. 2 games up in next 7 days let's hope the young lads aren't too downhearted . Need to start picking up points soon.  Mon the welfarre! 

Colts lost their keeper to a red for handling outside the area (daft as there were no strikers anywhere near the ball) 5 minutes into the second half at 0-1. Gretna immediately lost a defender for dangerous play, which looked harsh, a yellow probably right. Ref perhaps evening things up after realising a mistake with the keeper red maybe? Colts, with a central midfielder in goal for 40 minutes, had the better chances to score but didn't take them, conceding in the 91st minute.

On paper maybe not a bad point having played with no keeper away from home for 40 minutes, but in reality they'll likely see it as 2 points thrown away, given the chances and the bizarre decision from the keeper.

Stirling Uni 1 - Whitehill 1

Most entertaining game I've seen this season - a stonking finish from WW to take the lead early on in the game, they were pegged back when a free kick from outside the box was fired into the corner of the goal. I thought the keeper was slow in getting down and was poorly positioned - he'll be disappointed with that.

Uni then had the better of the game and created the chances whilst WW were reduced to shots from long range that were closer to the Kelpies than the goal. And then as we entered the last minute or so of the 90 WW had a shot cleared off the line - the ref looked to the lino for confirmation that the ball had gone in but none was coming and the players, management team and fans did not take it well.

From just the other side of the halfway line I have to admit it didn't look in to me - whole ball, whole line and all that.

Anyway cracking entertainment for £5.

Archived