NCAA College Football 2017/18

lichtie23

The Clemson Tigers enter the new season as defending national champions as the next crop of NFL talent get to show off their talents on the main stage. The new season kicks off on Saturday the 26th of August with 5 games including a match-up of Stanford and Rice in Sydney, Australia. The opening weekend has been christened "Week Zero". The other 119 FBS teams start their campaigns the following week with games that include the Florida Gators vs Michigan State Spartans, North Carolina State Wolfpack vs South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and a blockbuster between the Alabama Crimson Tide and Florida State Seminoles. The UAB Blazers make a return after a 2 year absence while the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers are in their 2nd year of a transition period.

Players to keep an eye on include Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA), Sam Darnold (QB, USC), Josh Allen (QB, Wyoming), Derwin James (S, Florida State), Saquon Barkley (RB, Penn State), Arden Key (LB, LSU) and Lamar Jackson (QB, Louisville) who is the defending Heisman Trophy winner. The Pre-Season polls will be released on the 21st of August with the Alabama Crimson Tide expected to be named the number 1 team in the nation.

Lets all enjoy passion, unpredictability and overall madness of College Football

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh Im so excited for some college football this season!!!

Think this season I'm gonna be following OK State. Mason Rudolph and James Washington were some of my favourite players last season, I think going forward I'll be supporting whatever team has my favourite players each season. It's tough for me to properly be a 'fan' so this is my best bet

Love college football, prefer it to the NFL actually. Don't support any particular team but do like to root for the traditional underdogs such as Duke, Vanderbilt, Temple, Northwestern etc (went to see Northwestern play Air Force a few years back when on holiday in Chicago)

Day off work tomorrow so I'm planning on staying up for Ohio v Indiana tonight.

I always say I'm going to watch a lot of NCAA football at the start of the season and I always end up missing way more games than I watch. Nominally a Tigers fan for no other reason than I have a friend who's a Bama fan. Also helps that I'm also a Saints fan, despite them now sucking and Brees being at the end of his career.

Alabama's opener is a peach of a tie. Definitely staying up for that one on Saturday night.

Indiana lead 14-13 at the half. Impressive stuff from the Hoosiers against a lethargic Buckeye team. Indiana's receivers are completely dominating Ohio States DB's. The boy Cobbs Jnr has been fantastic against Denzel Ward. The quick tempo has been successful fir the underdogs. JT Barrett struggling for Ohio State and doesn't seem to be in sync with his receivers. Their freshman RB has shown some flashes tho which is a positive.

On a side note....there were 100 snaps in the first half [emoji50]

Archived