NCAA College Football 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dunno why they put games that are such mismatches on the tele?

This games the equivalent of Arbroath Stranraer.

I think they take a feed from the SEC Network. Vanderbilt were also 3-0 and inside the top 30 in the coaches' poll. Not the strongest week of games this week tbh.

Can't believe Miami won that btw, played brilliantly for three drives and the offence was murder the rest of the game. Rosier is infuriating, absolute dug meat for ten passes then looks incredible for five passes in a row then back to dug meat. The pass rush is elite though and if the coverage on receivers is more consistent it will be difficult to score points against the Canes.

Probably top 10 ranked in the next poll but that's a false position imo. Potential banana skin against Georgia Tech next week too.

I'm sure there'll be bumps along the road but looking at the schedules and conferences the final 4 likely comes from:
Alabama or Georgia (Auburn at a stretch)
Clemson (Miami at a stretch)
Penn State or Ohio State (Michigan blew it last night)
Washington or USC (Washington State at a stretch)
TCU or Oklahoma

Tough to say who misses out. I'd imagine the top three listed there will get in. If TCU beat Oklahoma and Washington beat USC then it's a very tough choice, either of those go the other way and it becomes an easier one.

My prediction
1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. TCU
4. Ohio State

I think that Georgia defence can give Hurts problems, I view him as a weak link in that Bama team. It's all very well running over Vanderbilt and Fresno State but Auburn/Georgia back to back to end the season will be a real test for them. Georgia will be in the SEC Championship regardless of how they do against Auburn given the weakness of their division this year.

Wild, wild night as Syracuse beat Clemson and Cal absolutely maul Washington State.

Clemson were 22.5 point favourites and Washington State were 16.5 point favourites. Both were widely picked to cover the spread.

Washington State also had an unblocked, non-returned zero yard punt:

Archived