Bruce Forsyth

H Wragg

On 18/08/2017 at 20:30, 54_and_counting said:

and hunting my grannys house for a ten bob bit to put in the telly because the old yin rented the fucker for the best part of a decade

My mum used to get the screwdriver out when she was skint and emptied the meter. :lol:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/08/2017 at 21:49, Lurkst said:

They even put the testcard on for most of the afternoon too, you'd think they'd have something they could have repeated at least?...

I used to love it when they broadcasted a change of program and said here's a football match in it's place. It was usually a cup game or European game but it was always a welcome change. :)

My missus was watching the tribute show that aired on Friday night at 7pm, about 5 hours after the news of Bruce's death broke. There is not a chance in hell that it was thrown together in a few hours. Like newspapers do with obituaries ready to print there's no doubt that the BBC had been well tipped off that the end was nigh and had this filmed and in the can weeks ago, complete with Richard E. Grant voiceover. Most of the talking heads managed to pass it off as if they were talking about him in the past tense, but Peter Alliss slipped up a couple of times.

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

My missus was watching the tribute show that aired on Friday night at 7pm, about 5 hours after the news of Bruce's death broke. There is not a chance in hell that it was thrown together in a few hours. Like newspapers do with obituaries ready to print there's no doubt that the BBC had been well tipped off that the end was nigh and had this filmed and in the can weeks ago, complete with Richard E. Grant voiceover. Most of the talking heads managed to pass it off as if they were talking about him in the past tense, but Peter Alliss slipped up a couple of times.

Not weeks, that'll have been on the shelf for years, updated every so often. They'll have them for all the celebrities. I remember a sitcom called Drop the Dead Donkey, set in a crappy TV news station, where the reporters were told off for watching Jeffrey Archer's obituary too much because the tape was wearing out.

Just now, GordonD said:

Not weeks, that'll have been on the shelf for years, updated every so often. They'll have them for all the celebrities. I remember a sitcom called Drop the Dead Donkey, set in a crappy TV news station, where the reporters were told off for watching Jeffrey Archer's obituary too much because the tape was wearing out.

If ever there was a show ripe for an updated series it's DTDD.  I believe the actor David Swift who played Henry pegged it last year, unfortunately.

Forsyth built his reputation in theatres and on TV on a cheesy persona which was supported by a big slice of British Society who paid to see him through tv licence fees, after dinner speeches and theatre admissions, his repayment to that society for supporting him with their money was to deny them the millions he should have paid in inheritance tax and instead leave it to a chosen few.

If his estate had paid inheritance tax there would still have been sufficient millions to maintain his family's wealth.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Forsyth built his reputation in theatres and on TV on a cheesy persona which was supported by a big slice of British Society who paid to see him through tv licence fees, after dinner speeches and theatre admissions, his repayment to that society for supporting him with their money was to deny them the millions he should have paid in inheritance tax and instead leave it to a chosen few.

If his estate had paid inheritance tax there would still have been sufficient millions to maintain his family's wealth.

Imagine wanting your family and loved ones to get the full benefit of the estate that you've worked hard for 60+ years to cultivate, rather than a Government who spend as little as they possibly can on public services and therefore would provide very little benefit to 'society'. Madness*

*it's not madness, and Sandy Cromarty appears to be a total moon howler.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Imagine wanting your family and loved ones to get the full benefit of the estate that you've worked hard for 60+ years to cultivate, rather than a Government who spend as little as they possibly can on public services and therefore would provide very little benefit to 'society'. Madness*

spot on, this paying tax thing to fund hospitals, roads, police etc (some of which bruce may have used!) is simply madness, if bruce can dodge it because he "worked hard" then so should everyone! can poor unemployed or ill people not just go begging instead, why can't people just throw buckets of water at house fires instead of paying tax for some fire brigade nonsense....madness!

obviously there is an argument for paying tax and trying to change the government into one that improves society but that's just crazy talk, better to let rich people off with a few million in tax instead

He's very good at charades.

The master of the genre was undoubtedly Lionel Blair, and who will ever forget him, exhausted and on his knees, finishing off An Officer and a Gentleman in under two minutes?

Sadly Lionel is off the screens now and mainly doing pantomime. His fellow cast members are concerned about his mood swings, one moment he's feeling happy, next he's coming all over grumpy.

8 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Knee Jerk Reaction really sums it up, I like millions of others in this country pay my taxes, the major payback from that in my family has been the NHS which is wholly funded by taxes raised, my family alone has received great medical care over the years for which we are grateful, other government funded institutions such as the Fire Brigade save lives and property on a daily basis all funded from taxes.

Though I personally did not think much of Forsyth as an entertainer millions of others did so I do not grudge the huge earnings he made over the years, what I do grudge is his choosing not to support the society that supported him and gave him a very comfortable lifestyle to which most of us in society will not know.

Is it fair that until he was caught out that Jimmy Carr had only paid at that point only 1% of his earnings in Taxes? And there are many more like him in entertainment, sport and business who as you read this are enjoying luxuries we will probably never know and take great pleasure in shitting on us.

I am obviously unaware of your circumstances and I hope you are in the very best of health, but there may well come a day when you could find yourself in the hands of the wonderful people within the NHS and then you may understand why they need every penny they can get.

I doubt very much if Brucie made £17 million from tap dancing, telling shitty jokes and creeping out the younger audience.  Getting very lucky at buying and selling property is my guess.

I doubt very much if Brucie made £17 million from tap dancing, telling shitty jokes and creeping out the younger audience.  Getting very lucky at buying and selling property is my guess.

Heroin smuggling is mine.

Archived