Bruce Forsyth

H Wragg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

From Tom Shield's Diary column in the Herald....

We hear of a pub in Milngavie where the regulars' enjoyment of sporting broadcasts is occasionally spoiled by the fact that the sound on the telly intermittently comes and goes. Normal service is usually restored by the barmaid thumping vigorously on the side of the TV. The barmaid came into the bar to find an old firm game on, but no sound emanating from the TV. She proceeded to use her TV repair skills only to be asked by her customers to desist from her bashing as it was kind of spoiling the effect of the minute's silence for Jim Baxter. 

No way that's true. The scumbag Celtic supporters wouldn't have remained quiet.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

bruce-forsyth-criticises-strictly-come-dancing-136397634575603901-150420164335.jpg

He's just realised he isn't the most famous person in the room.

Look, Wilson, you liked him and I didn't so let's not keep arguing. It's a matter of taste, neither of us is right or wrong.

27 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It was called Reflections on Grampian TV and by f**k it was grim. As was most programming on Grampian TV tbh.

Aye, but we had nothing else to compare it too. Grumpian was o.k.

Who could forget Jimmy Spunkie? And June "The Torry Quine" Imray?

Just now, GordonD said:

Look, Wilson, you liked him and I didn't so let's not keep arguing. It's a matter of taste, neither of us is right or wrong.

Are you actually, seriously arguing about Bruce Forsyth's "talents" on a Scottish football forum?

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

What annoyed me looking back was you didn't have a choice. A handful of people at the BBC and ITV decided what 60 million people watched. You couldn't even go to the boozers on a Sunday night because the pubs were closed. Take it or leave it. So a handful of bland duds were foisted on the UK public. Jimmy Tarbuck ffs.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you actually, seriously arguing about Bruce Forsyth's "talents" on a Scottish football forum?

You were the one who claimed that his best quality was insulting the little people. Hardly the mark of a highly-talented performer.

Just now, GordonD said:

You were the one who claimed that his best quality was insulting the little people. Hardly the mark of a highly-talented performer.

Yes, you appear to be getting a bit het up about Bruce Forsyth. God help us when Tarbie croaks.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, you appear to be getting a bit het up about Bruce Forsyth. God help us when Tarbie croaks.

D'you think there'll be the same level of wailing and rending of garments when Tarbie goes?

Was anticipating multiple pages of the tasteless jokes P and B usually excels at in this scenario; only to find the forum's own coffin dodgers swapping notes on TV interference.

1503141956171.jpg

0/10, would not read thread again.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

No way that's true. The scumbag Celtic supporters wouldn't have remained quiet.

That thought crossed my mind but I think way back in the old days supporters did generally remain silent. Would have depended on who the silence was for. I would have imagined that Jock Stein, for instance, would probably have earned that respect from both halves of the old firm.

Maybe some of the real old gits on here could reflect on that.

3 hours ago, Glenconner said:

What annoyed me looking back was you didn't have a choice. A handful of people at the BBC and ITV decided what 60 million people watched. You couldn't even go to the boozers on a Sunday night because the pubs were closed. Take it or leave it. So a handful of bland duds were foisted on the UK public. Jimmy Tarbuck ffs.

Hotels and clubs were open. I saw Roy Walker, about a week before he hit the big time, in Sauchie club one Sunday night.

The feckin hyprocisy of Forsyth  is feckin unbelievable, here is a song and dance twat who gets a knighthood while living in Spain and owns houses in Puerto Rica, total tax dodges going on, and then leaves his £17,000,000 to his wife who under English law will not have to pay tax on it, if he had left it to his kids tax was payable, but then the wife can give his kids, legally and tax free, £650.000 each.

Not only had we had to bear his feckin second rate and embarrassing jokes and innuendo but the charlatan didn't pay the taxes owed to we the people and the mugs who fawned over him. 

Archived