Bruce Forsyth

H Wragg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Unfortunately, the last time I saw him on telly was some election night when he was just spouting incoherent, vaguely right wing gibberish.

That was Andrew Neil. They have similar "hair" "styles".

Mid to late 70's was the golden age for tv and the likes of Brucey, Morecambe & Wise, 2 Ronnies, Tommy Cooper etc, made staying in on a Saturday night almost compulsory.

Most of the stars of that era have passed away but it was an absolute privilege to see them on the box.

"Life is the name of the game................."

Unfortunately, your game has ended Brucey.

"Nice to see you, to see you nice."

3 minutes ago, TAJ said:

Mid to late 70's was the golden age for tv and the likes of Brucey, Morecambe & Wise, 2 Ronnies, Tommy Cooper etc, made staying in on a Saturday night almost compulsory.

Most of the stars of that era have passed away but it was an absolute privilege to see them on the box.

"Life is the name of the game................."

Unfortunately, your game has ended Brucey.

"Nice to see you, to see you nice."

To be fair, there was some absolute pish on TV back then as well.

There was only 3 channels so choice was very limited. Its easy to look back with rose tinted specks but I do remember being bored out of my skull watching showjumping on a Saturday evening or utterly shite  variety programmes like "London night out".

3 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

There was only 3 channels so choice was very limited. Its easy to look back with rose tinted specks but I do remember being bored out of my skull watching showjumping on a Saturday evening or utterly shite  variety programmes like "London night out".

^^^ BBC2 luvlie :lol:

1 hour ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

Terrible news, I've always thought he seemed like a genuine good guy whenever my mum used to force the whole family to watch Strictly.

Being forced to watch the Generation Game was even worse. I don't think he's ever made a joke that made anyone not in a live TV audience with an electronically controlled butt plug up their arse, laugh. Seem to remember he was mates with Pinochet, utterly pointless c**t of a man. Condolences to the family.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Being forced to watch the Generation Game was even worse. I don't think he's ever made a joke that made anyone not in a live TV audience with an electronically controlled butt plug up their arse, laugh. Seem to remember he was mates with Pinochet, utterly pointless c**t of a man. Condolences to the family.

No chance!

We didn't even have tv remotes then. You had to get up aff yer arse to change the channel and it wasn't just a case of pressing a button, you had to tune in with the dial.

33 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

My mother loved watching the showjumping, I think Harvey Smith was her pin up boy.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

You are only auld if you remember the white dot that got smaller and smaller after you switched the TV off (manually of course).

:lol: That's me!

Archived