Montrose Vs Cowdenbeath

As No fan from either side has started a match thread yet...

I will kick this one off, a match between the two teams to beat my City team in the first fortnight of the season.

Montrose look quite impressive so far.  They demolished us easy two weeks ago, and should finish top four  I'd guess.

Cowdenbeath got the win last week,  I know they have a young team and hopefully will be good enough to avoid the bottom spot this season.

Should be a good game.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pleased to see Cowdenbeath stay up last year. Despite attendences at home they seem to always bring a healthy number to LP.
Hopefully we continue the unbeaten run from the good victory midweek. I'm delighted the way the back is developing but I still have my doubts on our ability to score regularly through the whole campaign. Plus our home form still gives cause for some concern.
Anyway Cowdenbeath looking at them from the outside look a team carrying on the fight and collecting points that they did toward the back end of last season.
Still think we should have enough in a 2-0 victory.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Expecting a tough match tomorrow.  Since I'm going to the game we'll lose.

Stay at home then!

If we play like we did first half against Elgin and Edinburgh we should be OK.

Could we really lose to a team with Callaghan, Campbell and CJ in their lineup? (CJ likely to score now)

Bit worried about Templeman though, he always gives us problems, especially at set pieces.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Stay at home then!

Could we really lose to a team with Callaghan, Campbell and CJ in their lineup? (CJ likely to score now)

Bit worried about Templeman though, he always gives us problems, especially at set pieces.

:lol: Only game I'm making for ages you'll be glad to hear.  

Had forgotten all about the ex Cowden boys.  If CJ scores then we're doomed to relegation.

12 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Stay at home then!

To be fair, Iain Campbell is a decent player at this level. 

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

As Cowdenbeath states, delivers a good free kick. That's where it stops though. Slowest player I've seen in a Cowden shirt.

(he'll probably score as well!)

The Championship was a step too far for him but he's solid at this level. I'd have him over Rutherford every day if the week. 

Good evening all

I'm currently in the middle of my annual fortnight holiday in Scotland, staying in Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire. 

As usual fates have conspired against me and my favourite Scottish team Annan Athletic are nowhere nearby while I'm here.

So, needing a footy fix I'm off to watch this match tomorrow.

Really looking forward to it as a neutral and hoping for a decent scotch pie!

2 hours ago, Peter Garibaldi said:

Good evening all

I'm currently in the middle of my annual fortnight holiday in Scotland, staying in Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire. 

As usual fates have conspired against me and my favourite Scottish team Annan Athletic are nowhere nearby while I'm here.

So, needing a footy fix I'm off to watch this match tomorrow.

Really looking forward to it as a neutral and hoping for a decent scotch pie!

The steak pies are much better.

Will take the win but boy did we make heavy weather of it against a poor Cowden team.

We were in charge for much of the first half. The goal came from a Forheringhsm corner flicked on at the near post: it bounced off that horrible thug Syme's head and in off the underside if the crossbar.

Montrose huffed and puffed after that but didn't really convince at all. The attack is disjointed and over-reliant on Templeman. We lack in the Centre of midfield. Just as well our defense is pretty solid and managed to keep Cowden out. The last quarter of the game really was infuriating to watch as we basically invited them to attack us- and nearly paid the price when someone hit the bar.

We've had a decent start to the season but that game showed us we are far from the finished article. We need at least another striker and more guile in the middle if the park. A better team than Cowden would have taken a advantage of those weaknesses.

As for Cowden : lucky to finish with a full team on the park ( Gavin Ross had another shitemare with the whistle- a truly dreadful referee) and I can't see them troubling the top four, then again they should be well clear of the relegation play off this term.

Can't disagree with that summary Ivo. Sat too deep last quarter.

Compared to last weeks possession-fest with no threat, we at least created some chances today. Both sides strikes off the bar could have gone either way.

Also agree a better team would probably have taken the points from us. Unbeaten league start can't be overlooked, but away trips to Annan, Ayr and Peterhead will be a far sterner test than today.

Archived