St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Colts Challenge Cup 2nd Round

shull

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

If you play a remotely strong team this will be a pumping.  We have a few of our 20's away on international duty as well, so it's not even the strongest team we have at that level.

:lol: This really is the fucking shittest competition. I can't remember ever caring less about a competitive Saints game.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol: This really is the fucking shittest competition. I can't remember ever caring less about a competitive Saints game.

I don't know why 'Colt' teams are in it at all. No chance of significant progression and even if St Mirren win by 6 what do they learn? A waste of everyone's time and effort.

34 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't know why 'Colt' teams are in it at all. No chance of significant progression and even if St Mirren win by 6 what do they learn? A waste of everyone's time and effort.

We don't need to learn anything.

Going to see us hopefully win and be in the draw for the 3rd Round.

Can't see our side being quite as weak as folk make out. I understand protecting from injuries but we also want to maintain momentum. To that end it's a good thing we have a game I suppose as it's better than a week off at this point. 

4-0 or 5-0

A political move to appease the OF and nothing to do with football.

14 teams in the Development League this season but but only 12 Colt teams allowed to play in the Challenge Cup. And a team not in the Development League is also allowed to play (Rangers). Do Falkirk, Dundee Utd and St Mirren Colt teams not need the 'chance to play competitive football'? A fuckin joke of a format. Wish we had the balls to play our Colt team v Hearts but we won't. A decent competition spoiled by politics.

Will be cutting my grass this afternoon.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

A political move to appease the OF and nothing to do with football.

14 teams in the Development League this season but but only 12 Colt teams allowed to play in the Challenge Cup. And a team not in the Development League is also allowed to play (Rangers). Do Falkirk, Dundee Utd and St Mirren Colt teams not need the 'chance to play competitive football'? A fuckin joke of a format. Wish we had the balls to play our Colt team v Hearts but we won't. A decent competition spoiled by politics.

Will be cutting my grass this afternoon.

Falkirk, United and St Mirren could have their colt teams in it if they wanted, they choose not too as their Senior Side qualify

Falkirk, United and St Mirren could have their colt teams in it if they wanted, they choose not too as their Senior Side qualify

Is that true? Would it be at the expense of the senior team being allowed in or could both the senior and colt teams of the same club enter the competition? Do you have a source for this?

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

Really? I have not come across anything that suggested they could. Do you have a link to this information?

Archived