Elgin v Clyde

I'm not panicking myself as the rest of the team are great and we're scoring plenty of goals, but it is urgent we try and somehow get a big Marko type in that defence. 

Think you are kidding yourself on if you think the rest of the team is great. Central midfield is a disaster and Matt Flynn is a complete passenger.

In fact without Goodwillie we are in serious trouble. Unfortunately his (probable) half season with us before he moves on is going to be fucking torpedoed by our inability to keep goals out.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currie doesn't dive, tries to palm everything & never comes for high balls into the box instead he stays rooted to his line. Apart from that he's a great keeper!

On to the game, there is no excuse for chucking a 2 goal lead away. It's all well & good the manager talking the talk but its results on the park that matter. Big improvements must be made. Reality is I didn't expect us to be going for the title this year but 3 games in & already 6 points behind isn't great!

Lets hope we get a reaction next week & get back to winning ways. Seen as he'll be starting next week any chance of Flynn being taught how to play football this week at training?

Before Tuesday, the last time we lost having led by 2 goals was the game against Albion Rovers where they won the league. 99 games ago.

The only time we've lost a 2 goal lead since was against Berwick last season, and we actually won that game 3-2.

sure it was 2 seasons ago we were 2-0 down to Annan away before 3 second half goals took us to 3-2 before calamity Bolo came off the bench to commit one of his classic fouls for Weatherson to bag an equaliser. 
I'm pretty confident Chapman knows what he needs, it's whether the board can offer him extra funds from the big magic tree some of our supporters are convinced we have in order to bring in a defender or 2. 
I'm not panicking myself as the rest of the team are great and we're scoring plenty of goals, but it is urgent we try and somehow get a big Marko type in that defence. 

They have an extra 350 quid coming in every week so from the 200 club
Or is that money just being used for the present budget? I'm sure you could get a decent defender for that

The team isn't great the defence is awful we won't go down we probably won't make play offs Chapman has an average record as a manager so expect an average season
As for the chairman he is only interested in relocating the club to the somewhere in Glasgow.

A few rants about the match.

The tackle on Smarticus should have reduced Elgin to 10 men. Shocking tackle. Compare it to the tackle that Stewart was sent off for at Kilmarnock. It was much worse.

Miller and Flynn offered nothing offensively or defensively.

Was miller booked again for dissent? He needs to concentrate on his own game and realise he doesn't need to play a 30 yard killer pass every time (although once would be nice)

Flynn has taken on the mantle of Higgins. Anonymous!

The website states that if Goodwillie had scored after the break it would have secured the points for Clyde. It wouldn't have. We would have lost 4-3.

The website omits to point out that it was McNiff that played the through ball for their striker to gain the penalty.

Currie should not have been sent off. In my view, he did not deliberately commit the foul for the penalty. If he did then he should be shot as the Elgin players touch was very heavy.

The Clyde defence cannot defend when put under pressure. They are fine until they lose a goal then collapse.

In saying that the first goal was a joke as the shot would have been blocked easily by a competent defender.

Why do we keep playing the same players in defence. Try Bradley or Wilson in defence, Breslin at full back,? Something different!!!!

Incidently, I thought Waters should have saved Stewart's shot. I thought he was attempting a "save for the cameras"

I left the stadium fuming yesterday as Elgin are a poor team but they beat us.

As for the fans gushing over McGovern, he was NOT a great player for Clyde. He was slightly less worse that the other shite in the team.

To sum up, the two Clyde strikers were unlucky to lose against a poor Elgin XI.

9 hours ago, maxruby said:

No. We did not.

8 hours ago, David W said:

Before Tuesday, the last time we lost having led by 2 goals was the game against Albion Rovers where they won the league. 99 games ago.

The only time we've lost a 2 goal lead since was against Berwick last season, and we actually won that game 3-2.

Scoring twice and not winning was what I meant. 

We beat Annan one weekend and from the final whistle on Saturday until the Monday after there’s barely one page worth of posts on the game on P&B, despite being a home game most fans would have been at.

A week later we lose away to Elgin, where far fewer fans would have seen the game, and we have 5 pages of posts in the same time.

Clyde fans really are a bunch of greeting-faced b*****ds who take more joy revelling in the outrage of a defeat than a win.

We beat Annan one weekend and from the final whistle on Saturday until Monday there’s barely one page worth of posts on the game on P&B, despite being a home game most fans would have been at.
A week later we lose away to Elgin, where far fewer fans would have seen the game, and we have 5 pages of posts in the same time.
Clyde fans really are a bunch of greeting-faced b*****ds who take more joy revelling in the outrage of a defeat than a win.

If you think that's bad, wait until the highlights appear.

Anyway, speaking as an real fan, I was there [emoji6]

We beat Annan one weekend and from the final whistle on Saturday until the Monday after there’s barely one page worth of posts on the game on P&B, despite being a home game most fans would have been at.

Take it you didn't read the cup thread where we got beat but the team got a lot of praise

No that didn't quite fit your agenda [emoji23]

Don't where the club would be without the "real " "true " Clyde fans

^^^^ This is true and always

9 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Take it you didn't read the cup thread where we got beat but the team got a lot of praise
No that didn't quite fit your agenda emoji23.png
Don't where the club would be without the "real " "true " Clyde fans

The cup game was against a team from a higher division which is not comparable to the league. It's also in a different section of the forum that not everyone bothers to check.

I made no reference to "real" or "true" Clyde fans but, of course, that didn't quite fit your agenda.

Back to the matter at hand. From last years team we had McNiff, Flynn and Goodwillie playing. That's quite a turnaround. What's more galling is that we are realistically 1 or 2 players off being a right good team. A tall no nonsense Centre Half and a midfielder to do the job Flynn should be doing.

Clyde followers are notorious for being half empty glass folk, but even I am surprised by the less than patient opinion on the new team and management. Three league games for goodness sake. Both should be judged after a few weeks at least.

It's a new team and it needs time to adjust. We won't win the league this year. We might not the make the play offs. The manager needs at least a season to sort things out. Come on folks get a grip. Do you Honestly think the manger doesn't know we have defensive issues. Let's give him time to resolve this.

It's a new team and it needs time to adjust. We won't win the league this year. We might not the make the play offs. The manager needs at least a season to sort things out. Come on folks get a grip. Do you Honestly think the manger doesn't know we have defensive issues. Let's give him time to resolve this.

[emoji106]

Archived