Berwick v Annan

Morale boosting wins for both sides in the Chad Valley kiddies cup on Tuesday.

John Coughlin will presumably pick some experienced defenders this week. Notman is a cert, and Scullion should be back, though it seems it would take a biblical plague to descend on the squad to give Jonny Fairbairn the chance of a start.

Mikey McKenna apparently proved me hopelessly wrong by having a great game on Tuesday so will probably also start. 

3-4-1-2 anyone?

Mcrorie

Fleming Scullion Waugh

Notman Stewart Phillips McDonald

Lavery

Murrell McKenna

Rutherford, Tommo, Irving, Mackinlay would also expect to start so got more chance of winning the 50-50 draw than predicting the team, but I confidently predict a 4-1 home win, and a large haddock.

I was invited up for the kit unveiling but can't make it as I have a date in Mexico the following day. We win our home games we will be in the playoffs simple as. No doubt the teuchters from near Gretna will be on later. Narrow win for the dream team 

I'm unsure why folk seem surprised.

This lot are out of their depth. By this lot I mean the players, manager and BOD.

Thank f**k for Edinburgh City at present. If you want pocket money get cash on us finishing last. Stick on especially with a defence like this. We'll need to score a minimum 2 to get a point.

Absolutely cringing through that interview. God knows what the 'highlights' will be to watch. Fair play JC could have swerved the interview. But is this not symptomatic of what's wrong at the club.? A car crash on the park, and a car crash off it.
2 wins in 9 games and that's just this season.
Wanted to give it a go but am done already

Amazed that I have yet to hear of Coughlin's resignation. To screw up team selection as bad as he did last week was bad enough, but to get it worse AND compound it with some comical substitutions this week, is just excruciating and pathetic.

Left back at centre-half today (and a crap left back at that). Shock horror -gives away 2 goals that would shame a pissed up Sunday team. Right back goes off injured - bench choc full of defenders - hey, let's bring on a 17 year old midfielder, and move an experienced midfielder to right back.

Hmmm. Not working. Let's stare at some plans for 10 minutes. I know! Take off our only attacker - and our best player on the day - and change the right back again by swapping him for a centre-half!

I've supported Cough in the past, but enough is enough. Tactically inept, with a nonentity yes-man for an assistant, and destroying the confidence of some genuinely talented young players. Your time is up John. Go now. And if you don't, and the Board don't sack you, it is they who should go.

Hopeless and inadequate beyond belief today. Made the Hawick result look like a narrow defeat away to Barcelona.

Keiron Stewart. Ex Elgin. Yeah works hard in midfield. 

Coughlin moved him to right back when Notman was injured after 30 minutes despite 4 defenders on the bench, then took him off in the 2nd half.

Eric Tait would do anything to help BRFC and his passion for the club shines through in this interview. He is now a director and simply shouldn't be put in that position. JC was very honest but poor recruitment has got us into this state.

It wasn't rocket science that we needed to strengthen the back bone of the team that leaked the most goals in the division last season. Adding an 18yo from the second tier of junior football wasn't going to plug the holes. 

There is money in the bank, funds should be released to support the next manager to strengthen the team or face the consequences of a slow death in the lowland league.

4 hours ago, tescodave said:

I'm unsure why folk seem surprised.

This lot are out of their depth. By this lot I mean the players, manager and BOD.

Thank f**k for Edinburgh City at present. If you want pocket money get cash on us finishing last. Stick on especially with a defence like this. We'll need to score a minimum 2 to get a point.

Stirling, 19th August 2017:  4.50 pm: THINKS: Thank f**k for Berwick giving us glimmers of hope...

Edinburgh, 20th August 2017: 12.20 am: THINKS ach shite, their manager seems to have gone..... :(

Archived