*spoiler thread* Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6

Christophe

Here's a little playpen for all the jobbers who still can't stop themselves discussing the leaked episode in the main thread....you lot play nice in here and the rest of us can stop having palpitations every time you mention it in the main thread

Was a bit disappointed tbh. Found it very predictable.

The way the extras north of the wall were all killed off reminded me of a Star Trek away mission where it's Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Ensign Smith. (I wonder who will snuff it.)

ETA: the timing around the Gendry cross county run / raven flight / dragon arrival was ridiculous. Seemed to take all of 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Was a bit disappointed tbh. Found it very predictable.

The way the extras north of the wall were all killed off reminded me of a Star Trek away mission where it's Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Ensign Smith. (I wonder who will snuff it.)

ETA: the timing around the Gendry cross county run / raven flight / dragon arrival was ridiculous. Seemed to take all of 5 minutes.

I kept rewinding and pausing to see if it was a named character or a random who was being offed (although I did I presume given the lack of fanfare it was randoms). At least Dennis Pennis bought it so they've not gone completely JRR Tolkien style 'no named characters can die' on us. 

I did think Tormund was for the off at one point, but given he's the only named wildling (apart from Gilly who doesn't really count) I didn't think it likely he'd go. I did think he was making a rod for his own back by going on about fancying Brienne. It's like someone in a Vietnam film talking about their sweetheart back home. 

I agree that the timing of the dragons getting the message and getting there a bit ridiculous but I've decided to go with it and ignore the fact Westeros is supposed to be the size of South America. 

I generally quite enjoyed the episode though and the last scene obviously has me wet with excitement for next week. 

Killing off Tormund would at least have been shocking. I still enjoyed the episode but it was all too predictable.

What was the point of Jon snow falling in the lake. Literally nobody must of believed that was him deed.

Also I thought there was some chat about the dead couldn't pass south if the wall still stood. Benjen stark says something along those lines to Bran as they part ways. Maybe sailing around rather than passing through has avoided an issue but that seems a bit of a cop out.

Was that the first they mentioned if you kill a white walker that created a zombie then all their zombies fall?  Good episode cracking action scene on the frozen rezzie but they need to get over the tit's n fannies patter. I've gave up on real time/distances too so enjoy it more. Was a tad dissapointed not to see little fingers mask in the satchel.

I didn't quite grasp fully the scene with Arya and Sansa, what was the deal with it?

Was a good, but predictable story, could tell one of the Dragons was for the off and going to go all blue eyes. I am interested to see how they are going to get through the wall though, perhaps when the Night King touched Bran he done some magic stuff?

20 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Was that the first they mentioned if you kill a white walker that created a zombie then all their zombies fall?  Good episode cracking action scene on the frozen rezzie but they need to get over the tit's n fannies patter. I've gave up on real time/distances too so enjoy it more. Was a tad dissapointed not to see little fingers mask in the satchel.

Yeah, sure it never cropped up when Jon killed one in the Hardholm episode but all the main WWs were there so not too much of a plothole. The only other WW which has been killed on screen was the one Sam killed and that was a Nigel Nae pals WW. 

Arya is getting on my tits. She's a wee arsehole. She basically read the note Sansa sent Robb in the first season (at Cersei's behest) and thinks Sansa is a bit of a traitor. She also for some reason thinks Sansa is power hungry. Maybe Sophie Turner is just a bad actress or there's some bad writing, but she is giving off no power hungriness whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I didn't quite grasp fully the scene with Arya and Sansa, what was the deal with it?

Was a good, but predictable story, could tell one of the Dragons was for the off and going to go all blue eyes. I am interested to see how they are going to get through the wall though, perhaps when the Night King touched Bran he done some magic stuff?

For me I interpreted as Arya trying to ascertain what Littlefinger does, the influence he holds and letting Sansa know that she will kill him and wear his face to ensure the armies remain loyal to the Stark family until the return of Jon.

I think if Arya had any intention of killing Sansa, it wouldve been then. What was ridiculous was that they were freezing to death on that little island yet surely couldve made a small fire with the alcohol and flame used to burn the body!

Have we ever had an explanation for Beric and Thoros having swords that function as lighters beyond "cuz magic"? Always assumed in bookworld that Thoros doused his sword in something and used something to ignite it rather than just magically being able make his sword go on fire, but the latter seemed to be the case in this episode.

Edit - just looked it up and on the wiki it says in A Storm of Swords he becomes able to light his sword through prayer and whatnot, when previously his flaming sword was fake. I think I kinda turn a blind eye to a lot of the magic when I'm reading because I'm more into the grittiness and backstabbing

Was predictable but still really enjoyed it. Only surprise was that only one of the named characters got killed. Only Jon was really safe.

They did show at being dark when they initially got on the island. It then cuts to it being light with some of them sleeping so I think they did cover off that time had past.

Thought Arya and Sansa would have been smarter than to fall into Little fingers trap. Sansa has clearly made up the stuff about Brienne being needed in King's Landing to get shot of her in case she needs to kill Arya. Am guessing they'll eventually see through Little fingers plan at which point he will get killed.

Predictable but enjoyable.

I think this is definitely starting to show how 'off-thrones' it's getting without using direct George RR Martin source material. He at least would have offed a couple of c***s by now.

Spoiler

Also, because of him being behind and giving a basic template to showrunners to follow, they've clearly been less ruthless. I think DB and Weiss are playing it safe with main characters, going Deus Ex Machina Daft with getting main characters out of difficult unwinnable situations not to mention almost accelerating plot as if they're cramming for a exam at the last minute. Game of Thrones worked because of suspense and build up throughout with 1-2 big pay-offs a season, yet this time around seems to have thrown the rule book for that out entirely going SCENES daft that will only diminish them now as the audience will expect this now all the way in like the hedonic treadmill complex, which in theory makes more more battles, increased expectations and desires rise in tandem with this acceleration, which results in no permanent gain in happiness compared to previous.

There should have, and quite possibly could have had enough source material to have done this over three seasons rather than two, so in turn stupidly give everyone the ability to travel as fast as Varys apparently can. An example would be Daenarys was imfamously known for taking her sweet time to get to Westeros and get involved taking names and burning bodies, yet all of a sudden now she's probably covered more ground in the last two episodes than she's done for the entire show. Dragons v White Walkers was almost something I've been waiting for since the end of season one, yet this still felt like the show shot their load too early and felt hollow because as everyone has said, it had an element where it felt like it was coming.

Shat myself at the Bears, mind.

Apologies to anyone reading this through phone settings, and I've tried my best to create a gap AND spoiler in this post that it doesn't reveal anything to browsers see as spoilers apparently don't conceal it.

I've stopped trying to analyse it at this point. The writing has diminished substantially this season but it's making up for it with the fan-service pay offs.

What originally drew me to this series was the intrigue and depth and aside from being curious about how it ends they have both basically disappeared now.

I feel like this series would be best watched when drunk. Ideally getting a crate of beer in and watching all 7 episodes one after the other. What a fucking day that would've been.

Always said it, the Starks are arseholes. Sansa is a cow, been hoping for a few seasons that she'd be getting the chop. Terrible actress too. Littlefinger is in trouble though, he's playing them just now but the weirdo Stark will spill all.

Was shitting myself for the hound. Bit disappointing that only 1 of the suicide squad died though and how the f**k was Jamie rescued??

Archived