Tonight's Games

andy25

Congratulations on qualifying but you never knocked medda out we managed that ourselves [emoji12][emoji23]

Just admit it's hurting, we all know it.

Drawing a blank against us on Saturday for the first time in a long time(unbeaten in 2 against yous now) and a draw away at Hurlford tonight to put yous out. [emoji12]

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Talbot were up 3 or 4 in the opening seven minutes. I don't like watching these sort of games but I saw plenty of them in the 60's and 70's with Talbot on the receiving end.

My uncle ronnie bitten said you guys used to get butchered back in the day, said he rattled in bucket load against you lot for cumnock, something well before my time as use basturds have been hoovering up everything in my time

Just now, kenny131 said:

My uncle ronnie bitten said you guys used to get butchered back in the day, said he rattled in bucket load against you lot for cumnock, something well before my time as use basturds have been hoovering up everything in my time

He scored five or six against us in a 11-0 league cup pumping at Townhead. Cumnock played with a replica Peru strip I still have nightmares. Not long after our clubhouse was torched by vandals, but at last it galvanized the village. Talbot had a new lease of life, the crowds came back the committee swelled and Beechwood was reconstructed. That result and the vandalism is the reason why Talbot are the club they are today. When you see him again then thank him from the Talbot faithful.

2 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

He scored five or six against us in a 11-0 league cup pumping at Townhead. Cumnock played with a replica Peru strip I still have nightmares. Not long after our clubhouse was torched by vandals, but at last it galvanized the village. Talbot had a new lease of life, the crowds came back the committee swelled and Beechwood was reconstructed. That result and the vandalism is the reason why Talbot are the club they are today. When you see him again then thank him from the Talbot faithful.

He says the same thing.

53 minutes ago, Geo61 said:

Congratulations on qualifying but you never knocked medda out we managed that ourselves emoji12.pngemoji23.png

Do you actually understand that you get 3 points if you win so the fact you couldn't beat us did put you out of he Ardagh, simples!

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon 4-3 sauchie. Docherty Donaldson X2 and Crawford after sauchie keeper came out and lost it. Camelon blew a 3-1 lead . First half was camelon. Second was sauchie. Have to say sauchie supporters worst ever. Should be old enough to know better.

Sauchie  look like they are going straight back down.  The  defending  is an absolute joke .  

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I read that it will still be in place next season. Carnage will ensue at the end of that season.

Where? Utter nonsense!

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Surely not ha ha ha, if it is then they  need their heads fixed ffs.

Rest assured that, whether or not the West Region management themselves come up with proposals to drop/change/replace the current regional Cup competitions there WILL be one or more motions submitted to next year's AGM to do exactly that. Then it will be up to the clubs how they instruct their delegates to vote on those motions and any amendments.

SO, presumably, jimbaxters has travelled to the future, read the 2018 AGM minutes (or the June 2018 threads on P&B) and already knows that 33+ West Region clubs would vote for the status quo whatever else is proposed. Better change your username to Mystic Meg jimbo!

3 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

For all the slagging the Ardagh Cup gets, I haven't enjoyed a medda game as much as tonight for a good while. The players knew what was needed and absolutely went for it. Excellent to watch.

I thought the same, second half was thoroughly enjoyable. Up there with best I've watched 

5 hours ago, archieb said:

SO, presumably, jimbaxters has travelled to the future, read the 2018 AGM minutes (or the June 2018 threads on P&B) and already knows that 33+ West Region clubs would vote for the status quo whatever else is proposed. 

What you're proposin' is the cup should go down the dust pipe?

You're living on an island!

8 hours ago, archieb said:

Where? Utter nonsense!

Rest assured that, whether or not the West Region management themselves come up with proposals to drop/change/replace the current regional Cup competitions there WILL be one or more motions submitted to next year's AGM to do exactly that. Then it will be up to the clubs how they instruct their delegates to vote on those motions and any amendments.

SO, presumably, jimbaxters has travelled to the future, read the 2018 AGM minutes (or the June 2018 threads on P&B) and already knows that 33+ West Region clubs would vote for the status quo whatever else is proposed. Better change your username to Mystic Meg jimbo!

No, I haven't, smartypants!

I remember on previous threads about the reconstruction vote, posters saying it will only work if the Ardagh is scrapped and the lad (think a boy from Troon) said that wasn't part of the proposal at that point and therefore it could still be in place if it wasn't discussed as part of a separate vote .

Sorry to burst your bubble but at least it gave you a chance to puff your chest out on here for a wee while eh?

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What you're proposin' is the cup should go down the dust pipe?

You're living on an island!

I'm not proposing anything specific yet. Just pointing out that there WILL be a debate this season about what should happen to ALL the regional Cup competitions including the Ardagh, to accommodate next season's extra league fixtures.

52 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

No, I haven't, smartypants!

I remember on previous threads about the reconstruction vote, posters saying it will only work if the Ardagh is scrapped and the lad (think a boy from Troon) said that wasn't part of the proposal at that point and therefore it could still be in place if it wasn't discussed as part of a separate vote .

Sorry to burst your bubble but at least it gave you a chance to puff your chest out on here for a wee while eh?

My bubble is quite intact thank you.

There were proposals put out last season by 2 clubs for changes 'to the Sectional Cups in parallel to league reconstruction, but these were dropped pending the result of the reconstruction vote. There was and still is a definite intention to review the regional cups before this season's AGM so changes can be brought in for next season.

The statement by the 'boy from Troon' was correct, it's your interpretation of it that is wide of the mark

Archived