Jimmy Calderwood

This is truly tragic news, I would never wish this on anyone.  My Gran had alzheimers and it's so hard on not only the person with the disease but the family as well, Calderwood is also only 62 which is so young, this is truly awful for them.

I mind listening to an interview with him last season and he was all over the place with games and incidents concerning his time with us. I thought he was just a rambling pishy jakey at the time, but it makes sense now.

No doubt he's a bigot arsehole, but this is grim news and he has my sympathy and I hope he gets the help he needs to fight this dreadful condition.

10 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Hopefully those around him understand his illness better than he understood the depression one of his young players was suffering from.

“He even held a team meeting — in front of all the players — to tell everyone that they should steer clear of me, that I would be out of the game within 18 months because my attitude was so bad.”

22 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

No matter what you think of the person that diagnosis robs them of there dignity. 

Shite. Its a terminal illness that turns someone into something they are not. Any reasonable person would hold them in the same regard as they did before they suffered from it.

46 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

That karmas a bitch eh ?

No matter what you think of the person that diagnosis robs them of there dignity. 

Karma for what? And the other part is a load of fucking shite.

Good luck Jimmy,  treatment is getting more advanced each month and the research is being funded massively at the moment. 

21 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Shite. Its a terminal illness that turns someone into something they are not. Any reasonable person would hold them in the same regard as they did before they suffered from it.

I am talking from the sufferers point of view. My aunt was a sufferer and in her eyes that's what the disease did to her and her husbands father , so she had a personal view on this topic 

Is it dignified to soil yourself and not realise it ? Is it dignified not to recognise your life partner ? Is it dignified to become an alcoholic or sexually precocious if the diagnosis is Picts disease a very cruel version of the condition ?