Motherwell Colts vs QP

bridgeofweirdo

I fully accept what the fans of non-premiersjp teams think of the tournament but Motherwell will have got exactly what they were looking for out of it, 2 hard games against league teams (unless we draw an U20s team of course).

Groundsman wouldn't allow due to us having a few 1st team home games coming up back to back, 1st team are given priority at Fir Park.

Well should have withdrawn then or at least sent their ball boys and announcer. Farce that we both move further away to play the game.

Not at all ragin' that we lost........

Well should have withdrawn then or at least sent their ball boys and announcer. Farce that we both move further away to play the game.

Not at all ragin' that we lost........

Motherwell u20s are using Forthbank as their base this season rather than the Excelsior so technically it was their "home" stadium.

Agree about the lack of ball boys. That was fairly farcical.

As I posted last night, thoroughly enjoyed the game though. As I did the Edinburgh City and Airdrie games last season.

10 hours ago, ropy said:

I fully accept what the fans of non-premiersjp teams think of the tournament but Motherwell will have got exactly what they were looking for out of it, 2 hard games against league teams (unless we draw an U20s team of course).

Hurray for Motherwell! 

Motherwell Youths beat QP reserves, at a stadium miles away from the locale of either set of fans, in a national competition. 168 people turn up. Can anyone at all explain a single benefit of this shambles? Get it right in the fucking sea. 

Motherwell Youths beat QP reserves, at a stadium miles away from the locale of either set of fans, in a national competition. 168 people turn up. Can anyone at all explain a single benefit of this shambles? Get it right in the fucking sea. 

And the youth team get drawn away to a Northern Irish team in the 2nd round. Ridiculous to be honest.

The only teams that are benefitting are the under-20 sides (and possibly the Welsh/Irish teams). All of this is to the detriment of the intended participants it seems.

1 hour ago, rambunctious said:

And the youth team get drawn away to a Northern Irish team in the 2nd round. Ridiculous to be honest.

The only teams that are benefitting are the under-20 sides (and possibly the Welsh/Irish teams). All of this is to the detriment of the intended participants it seems.

I don't even think it does benefit the U20s. They're playing against squad players from lower league clubs. Last night won't have harmed Motherwell's youngsters, but it won't have had much of a positive effect on their development. Get the good ones, the likes of Chris Cadden a prime example, out on loan to play with and against experienced players in truly competitive games.

Archived