The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

9 hours ago, fatshaft said:

You just can't argue with this level of stupid  :blink:

Not. Everyone. Lives. In. The. City. Centre!

Jesus Christ

It's a wonder that they have shopping centres, a train station, a bus station, restaurants, pubs, cinemas, theatres, museums and hotels in the centre of Aberdeen when not everyone lives there. It's almost as if city centres are areas where people from surrounding areas congregate as you can easily get there from any direction.

The majority of our support live within walking distance of Pittodrie or can get there on one public transport journey within an hour. This is absorbed within existing services within Aberdeen as it is a city. The club anticipate around 400 people will walk to Kingsford and a handful will use existing transport links. The infrastructure isn't there because Kingsford is in the middle of f*cking nowhere. 

The majority of our support will face a longer journey to Kingsford than they do at Pittodrie. Not everyone, just most of them. 

22 minutes ago, Dunty said:

The council have restricted them to 1300 (they want to build more). They have a deal with arnhall to provide another 600 off site, plus the various park and rides adds another 1000 or so. Based on an average of 3 people per car.

Unnofficialy, there is parking in Westhill and kingswells.

Doesn't seem enough to accommodate a crowd of, for example, 18000.

40 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Does anyone have a deadline for when UEFA's tolerance will expire, with regards to the pitch size at Pittodrie?

No, but that's mainly because it's made up to scare Aberdeen fans and not actually a real thing.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

No, but that's mainly because it's made up to scare Aberdeen fans and not actually a real thing.

Agreed. A lot of things don't add up. Apologies for gatecrashing the thread but I'm fascinated by it all. 

Just been looking at an ariel view of Pittodrie. Dons fans, who owns the land immediately to the south of the RD/SS corner & if not the club then can it be easily acquired? (Looks like a car park/container storage with some buildings.) I also assume your club owns the Pittodrie Street car park. Seems like there's plenty of scope for a phased, complete redevelopment of the existing site.

Funding is obviously an issue but this seems better than making such momentous change. By all means build training facilities but not a white elephant stadium in the middle of nowhere.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Jesus Christ

It's a wonder that they have shopping centres, a train station, a bus station, restaurants, pubs, cinemas, theatres, museums and hotels in the centre of Aberdeen when not everyone lives there. It's almost as if city centres are areas where people from surrounding areas congregate as you can easily get there from any direction.

The majority of our support live within walking distance of Pittodrie or can get there on one public transport journey within an hour. This is absorbed within existing services within Aberdeen as it is a city. The club anticipate around 400 people will walk to Kingsford and a handful will use existing transport links. The infrastructure isn't there because Kingsford is in the middle of f*cking nowhere. 

The majority of our support will face a longer journey to Kingsford than they do at Pittodrie. Not everyone, just most of them. 

:lol:

It's fucking unbelievable, and someone said he'd been talking sense on the subject for years :lol:

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Does anyone have a deadline for when UEFA's tolerance will expire, with regards to the pitch size at Pittodrie?

If we got to the groups, if they were feeling extraordinarily harsh, they could make us move because we don't have the required administrative or VIP space. Very unlikely considering we managed to host a last 32 game against Bayern 10 years ago so there's obviously ways around it. The pitch size is a non issue and clubs all over the place don't have the required size, as long as they have the very minimum which we do. We're the minor celebrities in the qualifying round draws, as they mention every time, having won the Super Cup. 

We're not going to qualify for the groups with our current level of investment, player and manager so it doesn't really matter. 

Agreed. A lot of things don't add up. Apologies for gatecrashing the thread but I'm fascinated by it all. 
Just been looking at an ariel view of Pittodrie. Dons fans, who owns the land immediately to the south of the RD/SS corner & if not the club then can it be easily acquired? (Looks like a car park/container storage with some buildings.) I also assume your club owns the Pittodrie Street car park. Seems like there's plenty of scope for a phased, complete redevelopment of the existing site.
Funding is obviously an issue but this seems better than making such momentous change. By all means build training facilities but not a white elephant stadium in the middle of nowhere.

The bit you’re referring to is the away bus parking which the club own. AFC own quite a lot of land around Pittodrie but it doesn’t particularly lend itself well to redevelopment, particularly since the club failed to purchase swathes of land to the South and West of the ground when it was available. Nothing a creative architect couldn’t fix though.

It’s interesting that other teams’ fans can see through these shoddy proposals whilst many Dons fans continue to gobble up shite from the board.

17 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

It has to be built in the middle of nowhere next to a couple dual carriageways* to qualify as "prime"

*dual carriageways that make it easier to get into the city centre...:lol:

Nope, it has to be prime to qualify as prime. Linksfield is prime to you? 

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ indeed. 

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not interesting. Why is a Cowdenbeath fan so obssessed by this? 

From their pishy release: "This is not about football – it’s about planning.  It could be a proposal for an Ikea, a hospital, a school, an incinerator – they would all be subject to the same rules. "

Nah, it's not about planning, they didn't object to Tesco, Costco, the Arnhall development (they did object to Home Bargains though as it was too chavy for Westhill), it's about their misconceptions about football and house prices, as anyone who has bothered to interact with them would know. 

15 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

The ACC economists report makes interesting reading. Aberdeen FC have estimated that there would be a annual potential loss of just over £0.51 million (maximum loss of £1.78 million) for city centre businesses if the move to Kingsford goes ahead. This is based on the nature of the spend by those who travel by cars to games. Oddly, the ACC economist has agreed with this assumption, believing that the impact would be at the lower end of the scale.

I would imagine that the city centre benefits most from supporters who travel to the ground by foot, bus or taxi as they will most likely have spent more time in the city centre, eating drinking or doing other activities that have a positive economic impact. I would surmise that people who travel by car are most likely heading straight to/from Pittodrie and will not utilise the facilities in the city centre as much as those who travel to Pittodrie by other means and provide a smaller economic benefit by comparison (which the £0.51 million loss would agree with).

Really surprising to see ACC not raise this with AFC. I think the wrong "group" of supporters has been assessed for economic impact here. I would imagine that any economic impact on the city centre will be a lot higher than £0.51 million per year stated.

Edited by RiG

15 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

But you'll have a park n ride scheme - well you'll have that until its found to be uneconomical and removed.

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

Not interesting. Why is a Cowdenbeath fan so obssessed by this? 

From their pishy release: "This is not about football – it’s about planning.  It could be a proposal for an Ikea, a hospital, a school, an incinerator – they would all be subject to the same rules. "

Nah, it's not about planning, they didn't object to Tesco, Costco, the Arnhall development (they did object to Home Bargains though as it was too chavy for Westhill), it's about their misconceptions about football and house prices, as anyone who has bothered to interact with them would know. 

I know you don’t like anyone who disagrees with you commenting on YOUR thread, but I’ve been going to Pittodrie for several seasons when I can ‘t get to watch my own team. And more this season to watch an ex Cowden player.

I’d rather go to Pittodrie than to another Lego stadium even if it is closer to where I live.

35 minutes ago, RiG said:

The ACC economists report makes interesting reading. Aberdeen FC have estimated that there would be a annual potential loss of just over £0.51 million (maximum loss of £1.78 million) for city centre businesses if the move to Kingsford goes ahead. This is based on the nature of the spend by those who travel by cars to games. Oddly, the ACC economist has agreed with this assumption, believing that the impact would be at the lower end of the scale.

I would imagine that the city centre benefits most from supporters who travel to the ground by foot, bus or taxi as they will most likely have spent more time in the city centre, eating drinking or doing other activities that have a positive economic impact. I would surmise that people who travel by car are most likely heading straight to/from Pittodrie and will not utilise the facilities in the city centre as much as those who travel to Pittodrie by other means and provide a smaller economic benefit by comparison (which the £0.51 million loss would agree with).

Really surprising to see ACC not raise this with AFC. I think the wrong "group" of supporters has been assessed for economic impact here. I would imagine that any economic impact on the city centre will be a lot higher than £0.51 million per year stated.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago.   Surprisingly it is not even the most ludicrous of the assessments produced by or on behalf of AFC.

I see we had the SFA jumping in yesterday stating that Aberdeen MUST HAVE a new stadium or they will not be able to host internationals.  Stewart "Armageddon" "SocialUnrest" Regan is quoted as saying:

"This further underlines the need for a new stadium to become a major national sporting asset and enhance the city's ability to host internationals and European football."

I look forward to the SFA producing firm commitments to use Aberdeen for internationals given that Kingsford's capacity is smaller than any crowd for a competitive international since 1998 when Scotland played the Faroes in Euro2000 qualifiers at  Pittodrie.  

So come on SFA, let's see your commitment to Kingsford in black and white.  I suspect that we may wait a long time...

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

Those who walk or are travelling on public transport will still most likely have to go into the city centre first though, hence they wont have included it. They'll continue to have their breakfast and pints beforehand, and continue to go back into town after the game to have more pints, dinner etc. The city centre will lose an hour before the game and an hour after from most people on public transport.