The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You may be right, I don’t feel particularly strongly in favour of kingsford myself but just think it’s funny some of these away supports suggesting this new travel arrangements will be a great loss to us from an away support perspective.

It will detract from the atmosphere which will negatively affect Aberdeen in the long run.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

I couldn't say for certain but that was the excuse given by some Aberdeen fans on here for their poor attendances a few years back.

Do you think the Club moving out of the City is a good idea?

No I don't particularly.

Similarly I think Pittodrie is a dive.

I won't claim to be ITK about planning permission etc and all that around redeveloping Pittodrie, the simple truth is I don't know.  I think if you asked anyone what the ideal situation would be it would be to build a brand new stadium on the same site as Pittodrie.   

Saying that if we move to Kingsford I know I will be there regularly, it's close to my house in Aberdeen than Pittodrie anyway!

No I don't particularly.
Similarly I think Pittodrie is a dive.
I won't claim to be ITK about planning permission etc and all that around redeveloping Pittodrie, the simple truth is I don't know.  I think if you asked anyone what the ideal situation would be it would be to build a brand new stadium on the same site as Pittodrie.   
Saying that if we move to Kingsford I know I will be there regularly, it's close to my house in Aberdeen than Pittodrie anyway!

Agree with this.

Unfortunately the lack of viable alternative sites is telling, given that most folk who are dead set against Kingsford seem to be desperately trying to make redeveloping Pittodrie sound viable.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

That Aberdeen fans appear to have fallen for Milne* making a quick buck out of selling some prime** city centre real estate whilst hunting the club out to the arse end of nowhere in a move that makes Clyde moving to Broadwood look like its in the town centre is baffling.

*Milne gets nothing out of this

**It's not prime real estate anyway, not by a long way. (Maybe to a weegie tho?)

*Milne gets nothing out of this
**It's not prime real estate anyway, not by a long way. (Maybe to a weegie tho?)

Surely you can appreciate the value of having a large site that’s a 10 minute walk from the city centre and also a stones throw away from the beach?

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surely you can appreciate the value of having a large site that’s a 10 minute walk from the city centre and also a stones throw away from the beach?

The value would be much more if it was a *prime* site. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It has to be built in the middle of nowhere next to a couple dual carriageways* to qualify as "prime"

*dual carriageways that make it easier to get into the city centre...:lol:

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Your home support will suffer too and it'll be a pain in the arse for people travelling from all over if you ever had any intention of hosting a Scotland game or the odd cup semi.

How do Scotland fans outwith Aberdeen currently travel to Pittodrie for internationals?

I doubt they come by train, since usually for a midweek game the last train leaves well before full-time. So they likely come by car and bus. In which, they'll find Kingsford a lot easier to get to and from than Pittodrie.

As for semi-finals, we've not hosted one of those in 14 years.

3 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Just how many buses and parking spaces are Aberdeen planning to provide for this? 

The council have restricted them to 1300 (they want to build more). They have a deal with arnhall to provide another 600 off site, plus the various park and rides adds another 1000 or so. Based on an average of 3 people per car.

Unnofficialy, there is parking in Westhill and kingswells.