The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 minute ago, fatshaft said:

OK, it's less than 20,500 then. 

Anyway the answer was this year

Haven't seen anything on the plans for a giant screen outside the ground for those 435 fans or will it be located in the industrial estate where they park their cars?

1 minute ago, fatshaft said:

Can I ask why the Peterhead fan, the Arbroath fan, and the Inverurie fan are so against a team having a better stadium?

I am not against Aberdeen having a better stadium.  I am also for them having a better location and business case than the shite they are putting forward.  This is Trump all over again...

Can I ask why the Peterhead fan, the Arbroath fan, and the Inverurie fan are so against a team having a better stadium?

Where did I say I was against it?

My very first post said I hoped everything Dunty was talking about benefit wise is true if it does go ahead

The rest of its been a back and forth with you about traffic

55 minutes ago, strichener said:

Haven't seen anything on the plans for a giant screen outside the ground for those 435 fans or will it be located in the industrial estate where they park their cars?

I am not against Aberdeen having a better stadium.  I am also for them having a better location and business case than the shite they are putting forward.  This is Trump all over again...

1. That'll be a lot closer equivalence than Lang Stracht > Dundee is quicker than Lanf Stracht > Kingswells. Ken fit I'm saying like?

2. Trump? Well while he's certainly shown what an absolute utter c**t he is these last couple of years, let's not get all revisionist here. The golf course development was enormously favoured in the area, especially in the Balmedie area, and he's built an absolutely astonishing golf course. So if that's the benchmark you're citing then bring it on. As things stand there it's a win win, he hasn't built his prison block  hotel and there seems no prospect of the houses going in either. So the north east has picked up all of the gains and none of the downsides. 

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where did I say I was against it?

My very first post said I hoped everything Dunty was talking about benefit wise is true if it does go ahead

The rest of its been a back and forth with you about traffic

Fair enough. Well as someone who stays out past the development, let me just clarify, getting away from Pittodrie is a much bigger pain in the arse than travelling back and forth from Westhill during rush hour. 

As football traffic will be less, and as not everyone will travel east along the A944, maybe not try telling me you know better when you do neither eh? 

6 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

:lol:

What an attention seeking walloper this guy is. Imagine being thick enough to go on for pages on end with the guy.

fatshaft = 10 posts per year

You = 6000 posts per year

Aye, "attention seeking walloper"

Edited by fatshaft

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There’s the troll spotter again telling everybody that they’re stupid for responding to said troll by.... responding to them

I didn't respond to them you utterly thick c**t :lol:

Edited by Randy Giles

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No it isn’t. I can assure you it is to inspect the pipeline. You’ll also know about the pumping station at Garlogie and the police

patrols there. 

It's been passed safe to build near the pipelines. 

But the experts passing it isn't good enough, cos you know best.

All the transport experts have given it the thumbs up.

The police have given it the thumbs up.

But.....you get the picture. Well, everyone else might, you won't.

Edited by Dunty

Now that standing areas are allowed in the Premiership why couldn't Aberdeen just turn the South stand (I think; the one opposite the main stand) in to a standing area again?

The 'Y Section' in the corner of that stand is an unofficial standing section anyway. That's where I always go if I'm watching a midweek game and I have never seen the all too common sit-down-shut-up policy enforced there. Best view of the ground IMO, just uncovered.

However, the rest of the South Stand has a pretty shallow gradient so the second somebody's arse leaves their seat then the person behind needs to stand up to see beyond them, starting off a Mexican Wave type thing right to the back. This happens as soon as Aberdeen get any form of possession on the wing of the opposition's half, so you're standing half the time anyway in an infuriating yo-yo fashion thanks to the idiot ST holders towards the front.

11 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No it isn’t. I can assure you it is to inspect the pipeline. You’ll also know about the pumping station at Garlogie and the police

patrols there. 

Yes, I live there, and one of my cousins was among the first members of the MoD police there when it was formed. 

And pipelines are inspected using intelligent pigs, not fucking helicopters. We're not in Alaska, the pipelines are underground here. 

18 hours ago, strichener said:

No it actually isn't for NKS to probe and question the economic benefits, that is the role of the council in determining the application.  If AFC have based a case on specific criteria then they will obviously have the evidence to back this up.  I haven't seen any evidence of why the average attendance at Kingsford would be significantly more than Pittodrie nor why Pittodrie if it remains the home of AFC will see a greater than 40% reduction in attendance.   When looking at the report, the numbers may all make sense but if they are based on improbables then it undermines the entire report. 

It's a public consultation, it's literally the whole point of the process to allow interested parties and members of the public to scrutinise the documents and submit comments to the local authority if they wish to do so before the application is determined.

11 hours ago, Dunty said:

It's been passed safe to build near the pipelines. 

All the transport experts have given it the thumbs up.

The police have given it the thumbs up.

But.....you get the picture. Well, everyone else might, you won't.

Don't have a clue regarding pipeline integrity. My comment was a response to someone ridiculing a comment made by someone else regarding the possibility of a problem.  Re the police , they weren't concerned about problems at airports either before Glasgow. We all know what happened there.

Get the picture?

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

Yes, I live there, and one of my cousins was among the first members of the MoD police there when it was formed. 

And pipelines are inspected using intelligent pigs, not fucking helicopters. We're not in Alaska, the pipelines are underground here. 

Really, http://www.heliair.com/aerial-surveillance/

10 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

You understand that's not a pipeline inspection?  That's a civilian version of the MoD police, ie security. 

10 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

You understand that's not a pipeline inspection?  That's a civilian version of the MoD police, ie security. 

Here’s one http://www.essaroil.co.uk/our-work/cross-country-pipelines/