The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

10 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

I think you have comprehension issues.

It's the middle of nowhere. If it was bang in the middle of Westhill it would still be the middle of nowhere.

And what is it with you and dual carriageways. Don't ever go across the border, they have six lane motorways, you'd die of ecstasy.

Easy to get to, easy to get away from.

Not miles from Westhill then? Not 2.5 miles from Kingswells then? 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bypass will be excellent for people from outwith Aberdeen but surely the people in the city will still have a lot of difficulty getting to the site. I know 7 miles or whatever it is doesn’t seem far but when your driving through city traffic it’s an absolute pain in the arse. Imagine a midweek game, setting off about 6ish. If I’m leaving Edinburgh at that time to try get back to Dundee I’m absolutely miserable,  one of they things, think it could sound like a minor thing just now but that can take it’s toll and once it’s built it’s rooted in place forever. If things aren’t going great the fairweathers could bail.

People in the city make up half the home gate.

Everyone, literally everyone outside the city will have an easier trip to Kingsford than Pittodrie.

From the city, Hazlehead, Dyce, Bucksburn, Kincorth, Culter/Cults, Mastrick, Sheddocksley, Northfield areas will all have an easier trip too. 

So on balance, as far as getting to games, Kingsford wins.  

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never had any bother getting parked for a game. Don’t think it’s really an issue.

Infact for a midweek game against Hibs (think it was a full house, the 1-0 game) I left my flat at 20 past 7, got parked by 7.30 and into the ground for KO no bother at all.

The problem with Dens is the clusterfuck behind the Derry. The land there would be a bit of a c**t to redevelop with the layout of it.

I really hope Kingsford doesn’t happen, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Aberdeen in my experience is an absolute nightmare to drive through. Everyone leaving the city to go to this ground would surely be a disaster, 100 buses ffs?! I work in construction so find this all very interesting, especially the possibilities at the existing site and the potential costs. There must be some kind of solution.

I’d definitely go for the training facilities at a site like that though. Seems to be the thing to do, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers etc.

Can't see them travelling all that way just for training...

8 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I'm tired of this, so I'm going to act that right cvnt on it.

If you're an AFC fan with legitimate concerns about travel links etc, then hairy-muff it is a risk.

If your some sort of 'know it all' away fan that hardly ever bothers to turn up at Pittodrie in any case.  (And let's be honest we get very few away fans) then fvck right off! 

We are not proposing a new stadium for your benefit, that would be a complete fukking waste of time!  You don't turn up now, so why would anyone give a fvkk about whether you might turn up in the future.

This is about Aberdeen growing it's domestic base, not about whether some arsehole away fans think it preferential to some other site which they already don't bother to attend.

So in short, fvkk right off!   Turn up or don't turn up, but spare me the sanctimonious pysh about location when, let's face it, you make fvk-all difference to our bottom line.

Yours, irate as fvkk!

aDONis

If you aren't building it for away fans then you don't need 20,000 seats.  So yes, it is being built for arsehole away fans.

23 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

People in the city make up half the home gate.

Everyone, literally everyone outside the city will have an easier trip to Kingsford than Pittodrie.

From the city, Hazlehead, Dyce, Bucksburn, Kincorth, Culter/Cults, Mastrick, Sheddocksley, Northfield areas will all have an easier trip too. 

So on balance, as far as getting to games, Kingsford wins.  

I am not sure that all those areas will have an easier trip.  It's fucking murder to get to Costco at this time of year as it is.  As someone that quite often drives down south, I can already see ACC fucking up this bypass by moving venues out to what is supposed to be a bypass, not a feeder road to Pittodrie nor the AECC.  I can actually see it being quicker to drive through Aberdeen  on a Saturday afternoon than risk the AWPR with football traffic.

37 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Compared to Pittodrie? It'll be like a grand prix min.

Walking to Pittodrie is much better especially after the game when you need to get your body warmed up after being in the wind tunnel :lol: 

36 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Mile & a half from Westhill, 2.5 miles from Kingswells, middle of nowhere

If it gets built you should try walking it and then tell us all how it is literally 500 yards after you walk along the grass banks at the side of your beloved dual carriageways.

41 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

You have never driven to or from Westhill during rush hour in your dual-carriageway loving life, have you?

I can imagine it will be super-fast getting away from the WigDome on the rare occasion there's a full house, especially the 500 yard dash to Westhill. :lol:

6 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Mile & a half from Westhill, 2.5 miles from Kingswells, middle of nowhere

If it gets built you should try walking it and then tell us all how it is literally 500 yards after you walk along the grass banks at the side of your beloved dual carriageways.

Jesus christ, my apologies, just google mapped it, 700 yards from the Westhill Drive roundabout, and literally 0.1 of a mile from Kingsford to the Westhill boundary. If you want to go to the Old Skene Road roundabout, that's 0.6 miles. 

1.5 miles is all the way along OSR past Hays Way to Westdyke Ave, or if taking the A944, you get right to the Broadie, you're actually out of Elrick at that point.  

12 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

You have never driven to or from Westhill during rush hour in your dual-carriageway loving life, have you?

I can imagine it will be super-fast getting away from the WigDome on the rare occasion there's a full house, especially the 500 yard dash to Westhill. :lol:

I'm 51, I was brought up in Echt and live now in Garlogie, so aye ye condescending c**t.  

Rush hour obviously a far busier time than football, plus, and again for the slow of thought - AWPR!!!

19 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Jesus christ, my apologies, just google mapped it, 700 yards from the Westhill Drive roundabout, and literally 0.1 of a mile from Kingsford to the Westhill boundary. If you want to go to the Old Skene Road roundabout, that's 0.6 miles. 

1.5 miles is all the way along OSR past Hays Way to Westdyke Ave, or if taking the A944, you get right to the Broadie, you're actually out of Elrick at that point.  

What is 700 yards from the Westhill roundabout? The car park? The stadium? The entrance to the road to the stadium?

And what are you going to do at the Westhill roundabout? Have a picnic on the roundabout island? Tailgate in the industrial site car parks?

There's nothing there. It is the middle of nowhere. You can Google it to your heart's content and prove it's a hop, step & jump, it's the middle of nowhere.

38 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

I'm 51, I was brought up in Echt and live now in Garlogie, so aye ye condescending c**t.  

Rush hour obviously a far busier time than football, plus, and again for the slow of thought - AWPR!!!

Then you should have enough life experience to know that the single-track ramps onto the AWPR will clog the f**k up with 100 buses, never mind 1,500 cars and that's after getting out of the hopelessly inadequate exits from the stadium car park. And once you get on the AWPR it will be a 2 lane traffic jam. There will be thousands (literally thousands) of people heading for it in addition to the thousands of Saturday afternoon shoppers. It won't be like the Volvo adverts, you know, one car racing along an empty road blissfully enjoying the freedom of the open road...sorry, getting carried away there, but it'll be murder.

That dualler from Westhill grinds to a halt twice every day and it’ll be worse after football. You’re going to sit in traffic with no option of having a pint while the jam subsides because there's nowhere to go. If you walk the mile and a half (!), all the pubs in Westhill might cater for 50 people, if they allow people with colours in, which they won't.

The fact you live in Garlogie gives me an idea why you are so in favour of the Stewart Milne Memorial Colliseum, though...

Edited by EdTheDuck

I am not sure that all those areas will have an easier trip.  It's fucking murder to get to Costco at this time of year as it is.  As someone that quite often drives down south, I can already see ACC fucking up this bypass by moving venues out to what is supposed to be a bypass, not a feeder road to Pittodrie nor the AECC.  I can actually see it being quicker to drive through Aberdeen  on a Saturday afternoon than risk the AWPR with football traffic.

Sort of what I’m thinking and why I said that. There’s only really one road, which doesn’t really look like a great road at all.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

It's not that bad.