The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

2 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

I drive past it twice a day going to and from work.

It's the middle of nowhere.

It's on a dual carraigeway 3 miles from Hazlehead, its going to be 500yds from the AWPR, it's the same from Westhill. 

Maybe it's cos I'm a country loon, but that sure as hell isn't the middle of nowhere to me. 

1 minute ago, fatshaft said:

It's on a dual carraigeway 3 miles from Hazlehead, its going to be 500yds from the AWPR, it's the same from Westhill. 

Maybe it's cos I'm a country loon, but that sure as hell isn't the middle of nowhere to me. 

Jesus...why don't you just finish off with "look, a hoose wi' wheels"

A dual carriageway? The AWPR (another dual carriageway btw)?

..and it's a mile & a half from Westhill, 2.5 from Kingswells, neither of which have anything in them.

It's the middle of nowhere

13 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Jesus...why don't you just finish off with "look, a hoose wi' wheels"

A dual carriageway? The AWPR (another dual carriageway btw)?

..and it's a mile & a half from Westhill, 2.5 from Kingswells, neither of which have anything in them.

It's the middle of nowhere

It's literally 500 yards from Westhill, the entrance will be directly adjacent to the Garlogie junction lights.

Slightly further back was the old 6 mile garage where the lone house on the other side of the road is. Kingswells is at the 4 mile. That's 2 miles. I'm not sure the relevance of Kingswells village in this though? If you mean the park & ride, then it's of the Kingsford side of Kingswells so less than 2 miles. 

And yes, two dual carraigeways. 

14 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

It's literally 500 yards from Westhill, the entrance will be directly adjacent to the Garlogie junction lights.

Slightly further back was the old 6 mile garage where the lone house on the other side of the road is. Kingswells is at the 4 mile. That's 2 miles. I'm not sure the relevance of Kingswells village in this though? If you mean the park & ride, then it's of the Kingsford side of Kingswells so less than 2 miles. 

And yes, two dual carraigeways. 

I think you have comprehension issues.

It's the middle of nowhere. If it was bang in the middle of Westhill it would still be the middle of nowhere.

And what is it with you and dual carriageways. Don't ever go across the border, they have six lane motorways, you'd die of ecstasy.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Stadium footprint is fine but car/bus access/parking for a modernised Dens/Tannadice would be a minter of an operation.  

Yeah I would agree with that, if only they turned the allotments into a massive car park!

I'm tired of this, so I'm going to act that right cvnt on it.

If you're an AFC fan with legitimate concerns about travel links etc, then hairy-muff it is a risk.

If your some sort of 'know it all' away fan that hardly ever bothers to turn up at Pittodrie in any case.  (And let's be honest we get very few away fans) then fvck right off! 

We are not proposing a new stadium for your benefit, that would be a complete fukking waste of time!  You don't turn up now, so why would anyone give a fvkk about whether you might turn up in the future.

This is about Aberdeen growing it's domestic base, not about whether some arsehole away fans think it preferential to some other site which they already don't bother to attend.

So in short, fvkk right off!   Turn up or don't turn up, but spare me the sanctimonious pysh about location when, let's face it, you make fvk-all difference to our bottom line.

Yours, irate as fvkk!

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Yeah I would agree with that, if only they turned the allotments into a massive car park!

Never had any bother getting parked for a game. Don’t think it’s really an issue.

Infact for a midweek game against Hibs (think it was a full house, the 1-0 game) I left my flat at 20 past 7, got parked by 7.30 and into the ground for KO no bother at all.

The problem with Dens is the clusterfuck behind the Derry. The land there would be a bit of a c**t to redevelop with the layout of it.

I really hope Kingsford doesn’t happen, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Aberdeen in my experience is an absolute nightmare to drive through. Everyone leaving the city to go to this ground would surely be a disaster, 100 buses ffs?! I work in construction so find this all very interesting, especially the possibilities at the existing site and the potential costs. There must be some kind of solution.

I’d definitely go for the training facilities at a site like that though. Seems to be the thing to do, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers etc.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Never had any bother getting parked for a game. Don’t think it’s really an issue.

Infact for a midweek game against Hibs (think it was a full house, the 1-0 game) I left my flat at 20 past 7, got parked by 7.30 and into the ground for KO no bother at all.

The problem with Dens is the clusterfuck behind the Derry. The land there would be a bit of a c**t to redevelop with the layout of it.

I really hope Kingsford doesn’t happen, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Aberdeen in my experience is an absolute nightmare to drive through. Everyone leaving the city to go to this ground would surely be a disaster, 100 buses ffs?! I work in construction so find this all very interesting, especially the possibilities at the existing site and the potential costs. There must be some kind of solution.

I’d definitely go for the training facilities at a site like that though. Seems to be the thing to do, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers etc.

Mate, I live there (at least half the year anyway) and they're building the bypass right next to the ground. I think Kings Links< Loriston or Countesswells are better sites, but apparently not according to AFC.

5 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Mate, I live there (at least half the year anyway) and they're building the bypass right next to the ground. I think Kings Links< Loriston or Countesswells are better sites, but apparently not according to AFC.

Bypass will be excellent for people from outwith Aberdeen but surely the people in the city will still have a lot of difficulty getting to the site. I know 7 miles or whatever it is doesn’t seem far but when your driving through city traffic it’s an absolute pain in the arse. Imagine a midweek game, setting off about 6ish. If I’m leaving Edinburgh at that time to try get back to Dundee I’m absolutely miserable,  one of they things, think it could sound like a minor thing just now but that can take it’s toll and once it’s built it’s rooted in place forever. If things aren’t going great the fairweathers could bail.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bypass will be excellent for people from outwith Aberdeen but surely the people in the city will still have a lot of difficulty getting to the site. I know 7 miles or whatever it is doesn’t seem far but when your driving through city traffic it’s an absolute pain in the arse. Imagine a midweek game, setting off about 6ish. If I’m leaving Edinburgh at that time to try get back to Dundee I’m absolutely miserable,  one of they things, think it could sound like a minor thing just now but that can take it’s toll and once it’s built it’s rooted in place forever. If things aren’t going great the fairweathers could bail.

Yeah good point, unfortunately Aberdeen is in dire need of an expanded rail system, whether that be Trams/Underground or expansion of Railways, and there's no plans for anything unfortanetly

Edited by Marr1

2 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Well they tried Loirston until the council fucked them over.

They could still, in theory, build the training facilities at Kingsford and stadium at Loirston, but they reckon it'll cost an extra £7m and there's pretty much f**k all parking out there, and due to the lack of room Aberdeen could only squeeze in about 500 spaces.

90ACA708-2740-42AB-9C72-0EE52ADA923B.png

Edited by Dunty

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It'll be far easier by road, even coming from the city. The problem might be parking if they enforce a CPZ but the roads out to Kingsford are a lot quicker than getting through the city to Pittodrie.

They've made an arse of the bus strategy but I suspect it's because really the council and club need to sit down and work that out between them, and they can't just now because it's a live application. Once it's passed then they can actually talk about it.

The likely solution is to increase the number of park and rides. They'll already have Kingswells, Dyce, Bridge of Don and Altens. If they can get a few more so there's buses coming from all over the city, and fans aren't having to go to the city centre first to get one, then it'll work okay.

It'll be far easier by road, even coming from the city. The problem might be parking if they enforce a CPZ but the roads out to Kingsford are a lot quicker than getting through the city to Pittodrie.

They've made an arse of the bus strategy but I suspect it's because really the council and club need to sit down and work that out between them, and they can't just now because it's a live application. Once it's passed then they can actually talk about it.

The likely solution is to increase the number of park and rides. They'll already have Kingswells, Dyce, Bridge of Don and Altens. If they can get a few more so there's buses coming from all over the city, and fans aren't having to go to the city centre first to get one, then it'll work okay.

Having just read a lot of the thread tonight I can’t help but feel you’re a bit blindly optimistic about the whole thing. If the stadium is built then I hope it is a success though and everything you’ve said is correct.

Seems like a bit of an American model to me though, and sports fans there have a totally different mindset, they set off hours and hours in advance for a game and make a whole day of it, mentality here as you’ll know yourself is to rock up just in time for KO. Less time spent travelling the better.

Do you think there’ll even be that kind of demand for people going by bus? Using the bus is a total pain in the arse, personally hate it. How quick will the roads be when you’ve got 20k people using them all going to the same place?

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

7 miles from Pittodrie maybe, but there's large parts of the city that is residential that Kingsford will be closer too - Hazlehead, Peterculter, Bucksburn, Kingswells, Cults, Airyhall.

Aberdeen also have a large support that travel from Aberdeenshire (50% of attendees according to AFC). I don't think location is that big  of a deal as it would be to other clubs. Aberdeen should be/aspire to be the club for the north east of Scotland, not just the city of Aberdeen.