The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

19 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Look on the bright side, it's not like the NKS/WANKS will be smug, or gloating. Surely they'll be equally disappointed at the possibility of losing a few players and the manager?

Which will happen before the stadium is built anyway.

Looks like it may have to be back to the drawing board.  I did like the post about all the site options and in particular the one about the existing AECC site:

AFC:  Don't like it and don't think ACC would be happy with a football stadium
ACC: We haven't considered a stadium as AFC are looking elsewhere.

In summation, no-one has considered it as the other party doesn't appear to be interested.

Edited by strichener

Never liked the thought of going to Westhill. There really is nothing there. My big fear is that if our form ever dipped  the thought of all the time spent travelling from the city to Westhill and back will put folk off and attendances would drop dramatically.

Surely if there is £50million available we can find something closer to Pittodrie.

Never liked the thought of going to Westhill. There really is nothing there. My big fear is that if our form ever dipped  the thought of all the time spent travelling from the city to Westhill and back will put folk off and attendances would drop dramatically.
Surely if there is £50million available we can find something closer to Pittodrie.

I don't know! It has a big Tesco an Aldi an M&S and a Holiday Inn. What more could you want?

24 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

No, not likely, with the city only interested in fucking monstrous shopping centres and No big enough spaces for a new stadium (even withoot the training facilities)

Forgive my stupidity here, but why not just redevelop the current ground? Or does Milne want the land so he can fill his back pockets?

Look back through the pages, there's a number of posts on that matter

Forgive my stupidity here, but why not just redevelop the current ground? Or does Milne want the land so he can fill his back pockets?

Sounds like it. Not that we ever play them but doubt I'd have ever made the trip up there if this had been built unless it was a big game. 45mins on a bus to and from the station, f**k that.

22 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Couple of rumours on Twitter that the Council will actually approve subject  a few tweaks in the proposal 

Scenes if true 

Plenty Dons fans won't be happy if true. The planners will never accept the TA as suggested. It's going to take some heavy duty tweeting to get that passed. It's OK if you like sitting in a bus for two hours every game (at least)Goodness knows what 's going to happen to those who would drive there.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Can any one round this saga up for me since I don't wanna read 34 pages?

Objectors are fearful that the standard of Wiggie's housing will be applied to his stadium so he shat it in the wake of the council meeting.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Can any one round this saga up for me since I don't wanna read 34 pages?

Chairman builds houses. Cheap piece of land becomes available on green belt without planning permission as other projects had already been refused on land.

Site is eight miles out of Aberdeen. Plan is to hire 100 buses on Saturdays to ship fans back and forward from one pick up point in Town.

Pittodrie is worth a fortune if developed for housing.

Make up your own mind. Meantime Dons fans get messed about.