The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Is there any clue which way it's likely to go?

I thought councillor Yuill is a Yes guy.  When a number of objectors tried to claim the development would ruin the sort of place Westhill is or portray it as some sort of rural paradise (:lol:) he'd ask them of they agreed that Westhill had seen a fair amount of expansion over the last few decades.

I didn't watch any of the hearing.
Can somebody please explain what the terrorist/ pipeline based objection is all about. I am very concerned.

The protest group have raised the stadiums close proximity to the pipeline as a reason for refusal as they think that the construction of the ground could cause damage to the pipeline which could lead to problems i.e. it explodes. But the owner of the pipeline, who I think is BP, have said they've no concerns.

I just watched that video up to the part where he shows the video of the pipeline on fire "Dude, what the f**k!" Ha 

His argument seems to be that there are exclusion zones around the pipelines that the stadium falls outwith. Everyone, including Health  &  Safety, BP, Shell, the planners etc agree that there is no risk to the pipelines from the proposed development but because these exclusion zones don't take into account the threat of terrorism then they are invalid and should be reassessed i.e. made bigger so that, rather conveniently, there wouldn't be room for the proposed development .

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

There's something not quite right with that picture.

Far too sunny for A̶b̶e̶r̶d̶e̶e̶n̶ Kingsford.

Hey. Aberdeen is one of the sunniest places in Scotland. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4202571.stm

They weren't talking about our sunny disposition obviously.

I just watched that video up to the part where he shows the video of the pipeline on fire "Dude, what the f**k!" Ha 

His argument seems to be that there are exclusion zones around the pipelines that the stadium falls outwith. Everyone, including Health  &  Safety, BP, Shell, the planners etc agree that there is no risk to the pipelines from the proposed development but because these exclusion zones don't take into account the threat of terrorism then they are invalid and should be reassessed i.e. made bigger so that, rather conveniently, there wouldn't be room for the proposed development .

I just love them trying their best not to laugh at him.

22f11183e99f1449aaaae9048c381584.jpg