The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Football clubs with grounds outwith walking distance of the nearest train station should be kicked out of the national set up.

Poor Peterhead. 

Serious question, how many fans currently travel by train? It's about £50 return to Edinbrugh/Glasgow if you don't get a friends fare/in early enough. 

Edited by shootingboots

1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

I'd have loved it had we been able to build a new Pittodrie on a hover-pitch above the Castlegate, but we can't and we're not.

My pal told me his idea: sink the new Pittodrie into Union Terrace Gardens, with the stands up each side of the new pitch. The train runs right underneath it, and Siberia and Vodka Revs could run the hospitality packages. 

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Then change them for TV.

That has happened to me on a number of occasions.  The most annoying one was when I was doing my groundhopping trips and had decided to tick Annan off the list by going there on the final day of the 2012/13 season.  I had everything planned out and train tickets booked.  Then a few weeks before the game they changed the kick off from 3pm to 12:45pm so Sky could show Sevco v Berwick Rangers.     

They change them for TV, and cup ties and if the weather is shit.

Talking of which, is the new proposed Aberdeen ground gonna have a grass or plastic pitch?

Doubt planning has gone that far but I'd be extremely surprised if we went down the route of a plastic pitch.

Both players and management have been very vocal about how much they dislike plastic pitches so would be strange to have that.

Ian Cox is the very definition of a NIMBY

Cllr Flynn: Do you see any benefit to this facility?

IC: Yes, but if the facilities were in another location I am sure people would just travel to them.

IC: The community facilities are for the North-east so it doesn't need to be at Kingsford. We are not a bunch of nimbys,

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

Poor Peterhead. 

Serious question, how many fans currently travel by train? It's about £50 return to Edinbrugh/Glasgow if you don't get a friends fare/in early enough. 

I travel to every single game by train.

Should have built it on Broad St opposite Marishal College (and knocked down the God-awful St Nicholas Shopping centre to boot). Could only be better than the monstrosity they're actually buiding (and it would be handy for the Blue Lamp, Kirkgate and Price of Wales!)

Heather Cook sounds like another absolute No roaster...

HC: Kingsford is not a community sports hub. This will have an impact on our community? How can the town and local community cope with 20,000 people going to the stadium?

HC: If the proposals are passed I do not think the community facilities will be available beyond 9pm.

HC: Westhill has everything, I do not need to go into Aberdeen for these. Westhill does not need these facilities.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Just as well that football leagues release their scheduled fixtures months in advance then. 

Swing

4 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Then change them for TV.

4 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Being a Morton fan you obviously won't be aware but TV change fixtures for games. 

and a miss.

Stick to the Championship forum Virginton.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Doubt planning has gone that far but I'd be extremely surprised if we went down the route of a plastic pitch.

Both players and management have been very vocal about how much they dislike plastic pitches so would be strange to have that.

Thank you.