The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Be good news for Aberdeen if it gets knocked back. They should play in Aberdeen, not some field in the middle of nowhere.

It absolutely would not be good news for Aberdeen. The club is up shit creek if this gets rejected. 

Edited by shootingboots

12 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not really. They already have a stadium in Aberdeen which they can play at. If it gets rejected they can reconsider the stupid idea to become the Grampian version of MK Dons and build a new ground that's actually in Aberdeen.

Sounds great. Where?

I'm disappointed in Milne chucking in the stadium application alongside the training ground. It's obvious that lumping them together increases the chances of the stadium being approved but it also risks us still not having our own facilities to train on for even longer. The training ground on its on could've been approved by now and we could be in for next season. Even if the application gets approved, an appeal from the No side could delay construction for a couple of years.

17 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I'm disappointed in Milne chucking in the stadium application alongside the training ground. It's obvious that lumping them together increases the chances of the stadium being approved but it also risks us still not having our own facilities to train on for even longer. The training ground on its on could've been approved by now and we could be in for next season. Even if the application gets approved, an appeal from the No side could delay construction for a couple of years.

Think it was the council that asked for the stadium and training ground application to be together

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

The No side are already putting plans in place to appeal the development getting the green light however I doubt they have enough money to get a proper appeal off the ground.

Encouraging to hear Unis, the Chamber and other local businesses come out in favour of the development.

Still expect the cooncil to shite it though.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

No idea. It seems unlikely that Aberdeen is the only city in the World with a population in excess of 200,000 that can't find room for a football ground.

I'm struggling to think of an area.

I'm struggling to think of an area.

Pittodrie if you close the bottom third of Pittodrie Street and use it,

The AECC is about to be flattened as the new one opens in 12-18months,

The cricket pitch, ice rink and golf range other side of Golf Rd (Move range to other end of Kings Links and new rink on old Pittodrie)

There 3 without even looking at a map or trying too hard.

Moving the ground out of the city will be a disaster for the fanbase that will make Clyde and St Johnstone look like great ideas

Kings Links was the preferred option, but it had a couple of major hurdles.

One was that there was a restrictive covenant on the land, making the likelihood of getting planning even less likely.

The other was that as you get closer to the sea, building costs started to escalate, with that plan requiring an additional £9m of contingency spend (IIRC).

I'm going to break ranks with many fans here and address the elephant in the room;  Pittodrie is shyt!  There I've said it.  I've been going since 1975/6 and it's been shyt that whole time!  I've got two girls, and gawd bless 'em, they accompany me to Pittodrie, but there is nothing attractive for them (until the blessed Deek turned up and I became a lot less irritable).

I for one can't wait, till we've got a proper museum where I can show them the European Cup Winners Cup that their daddy held (aye at Cults Academy, nae Gothemburg).  

I also hope we manage to put a couple of decent ''club' bars into the ground.

Just make the whole thing, something to be proud of.  

In closing, I already go to an out of town stadium (Madejski), and although it's not the most modern of new stadiums, it's streets ahead of Pittodrie as a match day experience (including the trek from Reading town centre).

I'd have loved it had we been able to build a new Pittodrie on a hover-pitch above the Castlegate, but we can't and we're not.

I don't think this will be nearly as bad as people imagine.  It hasn't been for Reading, despite middle-aged men getting dewey-eyed about Elm Park!

Yours

aDONis

P.S. My mums hoose in Culter... so YAY!