The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

This thread caught my eye altho il admit to nor reading every page , since this has happened to my own club ( whos old ground was also beyond economic repair) and a few others ,
Can anyone think of any examples of this IN SCOTLAND which has had an overall pisitive effect on the club,
Please show your working

12 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

This thread caught my eye altho il admit to nor reading every page , since this has happened to my own club ( whos old ground was also beyond economic repair) and a few others ,
Can anyone think of any examples of this IN SCOTLAND which has had an overall pisitive effect on the club,
Please show your working

Saint Johnstone would appear to be a candidate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St_Johnstone_F.C._seasons

But our friends in Perth would be able to shed more light on that

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

15 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Please show your working

Who are the others who'v moved locations?

Falkirk

St Johnstone

St Mirren

...who else?

33 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Inverness

Dumbarton

Clyde

Meadowbank/ Livingston sort of

Airdrie

East Fife

possibly others..

Stirling Albion?

Hamilton?

Nobody on the same scale as Aberdeen and generally not as far out of their home community though, so this is fairly uncharted territory

Aberdeen are something of a special case thanks to their geographical isolation

If Hamilton Acccies or Airdrie had moved as far out of their home communities as Aberdeen are proposing then they could have ended up in Motherwell.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Stirling Albion?

Hamilton?

Nobody on the same scale as Aberdeen and generally not as far out of their home community though, so this is fairly uncharted territory

Aberdeen are something of a special case thanks to their geographical isolation

If Hamilton Acccies or Airdrie had moved as far out of their home communities as Aberdeen are proposing then they could have ended up in Motherwell.

Then again there is no major city for 65 miles from Aberdeen (and no other SPFL team for 25 miles)

Just now, Marr1 said:

Then again there is no major city for 65 miles from Aberdeen (and no other SPFL team for 25 miles)

That's what I was meaning. Their new stadium being in the middle of nowhere wouldn't be so much of an issue because their city is in the middle of nowhere already.

East Stirlingshire moved to Stenhousemuir. Hasn't worked out all that well for them. Gretna having to play at Fir Park was a rather comical disaster, although that would have been the case anyway most likely due to their off field machinations

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's what I was meaning. Their new stadium being in the middle of nowhere wouldn't be so much of an issue because their city is in the middle of nowhere already.

We're a hundred miles further away from the Weeg than you are.

That'll do nicely, sir.

3 hours ago, Milnzo said:

It'll be a lot better when we get electricity and the Internet. 

Best internet connection I ever had was in Kittybrewster, I take it all back!

2 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

Pfft. We're all fucking loaded, we fly direct to London and party with our Tory chums in the West End.

I hear they put on limos from Tillydrone to the airport.