The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

16 hours ago, gazelle said:

Hibs fans going on about attendances, what next.  Would be interesting to see what kind of promotion attendance bounce we would get, if of course we were ever to be relegated. 

Absolutely none - given your average crowd is always utter horse shit.

15 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

Over the same period Hearts average is about 1,500 more than Aberdeen and nearly 2,500 more than Hibs.

There. Here endeth #crowdwank

Oh boy. titter.png

12 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

No

Aberdeen avoided a 3-team playoff involving themselves, Dunfermline & Falkirk because Falkirk did not have a stadium that met SPL criteria.

The playoff would have seen 2 out of 3 go into the SPL as it was expanding to 12 from 10 teams. As Falkirk had not built a suitable stadium they were excluded from the playoff and Dunfermline & Aberdeen took the 2 SPL places.

HTH

Imagine arguing that anything other than being relegated for finishing rock bottom of a league isn't a technicality - regardless of how it's dressed up.

Edited by Elixir

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Absolutely none - given your average crowd is always utter horse shit.

Oh boy. titter.png

Imagine arguing that anything other than not being relegated for finishing rock bottom of a league isn't a technicality - regardless of how it's dressed up.

Do you think so? Arguing? I don't think I argued anything, I did not offer an opinion at all that it was right or wrong, I pointed out what actually happened. I could argue Aberdeen were treated unfairly based on precedent because the previous times the top division expanded the top two in the lower division were promoted and there was no relegation or reference to playoffs at all.

But I won't because I don't need to, I can just point out that Aberdeen have never been relegated. Ever. Not like Hearts who have gone down that path, what is it now? Four times? I have no idea how that must feel. Being relegated four times. As Aberdeen have never been relegated. Not once. Certainly not four times. Like Hearts. Who have been relegated four times.

Aberdeen actually finished 20th out of 20 in 1916-17 just behind Raith

Neither Aberdeen nor Raith appeared in the 18 team 1917-18 & 1918-19 seasons but were placed back in the league for 1919-20

Whether that counts as a "relegation" or not is something you can all have fun arguing about.

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Aberdeen actually finished 20th out of 20 in 1916-17 just behind Raith

Neither Aberdeen nor Raith appeared in the 18 team 1917-18 & 1918-19 seasons but were placed back in the league for 1919-20

Whether that counts as a "relegation" or not is something you can all have fun arguing about.

Well, of course there was nowhere to be relegated to as Division Two had been suspended for the duration of the war (and Aberdeen, Dundee & Raith retired from the league because of war-time travel difficulties) so nyer nyer nyer

Do those championships officially count as 'honours won' by the way? If they are you'd have to say that it kind of gives some credence to rangers claim for WW2 titles to be counted

ETA They do count so 4 titles for Celtic & 1 for Rangers during war-time. Were the teams made up of women or one legged draft dodgers?

Edited by EdTheDuck

On 18/08/2017 at 21:23, EdTheDuck said:

There's already plans for the old AECC

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=64900&sID=2991

If you go to page 11, in the section entitled "other uses" there is, plain as day, "football stadium"

Page 11 are responses to their consultation, it in no way ascribes an alternative use of the AECC for AFC.  In fact the reason that it has not been considered is "it is understood that AFC are pursuing other potential sites."

Meanwhile all the proposed options from  ACC are for housing.  Typical.  No doubt Milne will be in there for some of the sites.

Edited by strichener

10 minutes ago, strichener said:

Page 11 are responses to their consultation, it in no way ascribes an alternative use of the AECC for AFC.  In fact the reason that it has not been considered is "it is understood that AFC are pursuing other potential sites."

Meanwhile all the proposed options from  ACC are for housing.  Typical.  No doubt Milne will be in there for some of the sites.

Quite

To be honest , I think the old AECC site would be just about as shite as it could get and still be within the city boundaries

On 8/19/2017 at 10:57, EdTheDuck said:

Do you think so? Arguing? I don't think I argued anything, I did not offer an opinion at all that it was right or wrong, I pointed out what actually happened. I could argue Aberdeen were treated unfairly based on precedent because the previous times the top division expanded the top two in the lower division were promoted and there was no relegation or reference to playoffs at all.

But I won't because I don't need to, I can just point out that Aberdeen have never been relegated. Ever. Not like Hearts who have gone down that path, what is it now? Four times? I have no idea how that must feel. Being relegated four times. As Aberdeen have never been relegated. Not once. Certainly not four times. Like Hearts. Who have been relegated four times.

I can tell you that last season was far, far more excruciating than the season we went down because of the points deduction. The way Hibs joined us was hilarious, it allowed us to competely galvanise the support, and we then kept both them and Rangers down.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I can tell you that last season was far, far more excruciating than the season we went down because of the points deduction. The way Hibs joined us was hilarious, it allowed us to competely galvanise the support, and we then kept both them and Rangers down.

Well yeah, but Aberdeen have never been relegated. Did you know that?

22 minutes ago, Elixir said:

To be fair that was quite jolly. Motherwell finishing the job the way they did made that season rival 2012 for hilarity.

Absolutely mental if the police take it seriously. 
OK, it was a daft comment but it shows what kind of fanny you are dealing with if one of the objectors actually called the police about it.

As much to do with mock outrage culture these days I guess with the light hearted context removed, although the No lot seem to be a bunch of sad b*****ds.