Why are Platinum Members getting adverts?

welshbairn

Question

Ok, so bit of confusion here, so here's what's up.....
Prior to the big upgrade last year we ran our platinum subscriptions via a plugin on the old version of the forum. That plugin used PayPal only and payments were sent to the PP account at webmaster@pieandbovril.co.uk
Once we did the upgrade last year the plugin was no longer required, or compatible, as it was replaced with the built in subscription manager on the new forum version.
I went through all platinum accounts last summer and created a brand new 1 year membership for all Platinum users. These have recently been expiring and become due for renewal on their 1 year anniversary.
It seems independently of this that some people still have recurring payment agreements set up on their Paypal account to send money to webmaster@pieandbovril.co.uk
Those payments are not tied to the forum at all in any way so although you've sent money, the software doesn't know anything about it and I'm also clueless as to who the payments are for.
So............... here's the plan to fix.
1) I will go through the webmaster@pieandbovril.co.uk account today and refund any payments made to us for platinum subscriptions in the last month
2) i have cancelled ALL recurring paypal agreements to the old account.
3) If you wish to take out a new platinum subsription you can then do so via the Store link at the top of the site. We accept Paypal and Credit card payments.
4) Going forward payments will be taken and applied to your account and you'll receive invoices and alerts automatically
5) If you feel you have been incorrectly charged for a subscription or you've paid using the new platform and don't have Platinum membership please open a support ticket via the Support tab at the top of the page
As an aside we are currently testing an ad-blocker-blocker on the site at the moment and will implement that in due course. This will prevent users from accessing the site when they have ad-blockers enabled.

Hi, unfortunately this doesn't work.

I've just tried to renew my subscription via the site, and get the following:

3d3bc5cf3525ac04bc239cd39fa382f7.jpg

Prior to the big upgrade last year we ran our platinum subscriptions via a plugin on the old version of the forum. That plugin used PayPal only and payments were sent to the PP account at webmaster@pieandbovril.co.uk

Once we did the upgrade last year the plugin was no longer required, or compatible, as it was replaced with the built in subscription manager on the new forum version.

I went through all platinum accounts last summer and created a brand new 1 year membership for all Platinum users. These have recently been expiring and become due for renewal on their 1 year anniversary.

It seems independently of this that some people still have recurring payment agreements set up on their Paypal account to send money to webmaster@pieandbovril.co.uk

Those payments are not tied to the forum at all in any way so although you've sent money, the software doesn't know anything about it and I'm also clueless as to who the payments are for.

1) I will go through the webmaster@pieandbovril.co.uk account today and refund any payments made to us for platinum subscriptions in the last month

3) If you wish to take out a new platinum subsription you can then do so via the Store link at the top of the site. We accept Paypal and Credit card payments.

4) Going forward payments will be taken and applied to your account and you'll receive invoices and alerts automatically

5) If you feel you have been incorrectly charged for a subscription or you've paid using the new platform and don't have Platinum membership please open a support ticket via the Support tab at the top of the page

As an aside we are currently testing an ad-blocker-blocker on the site at the moment and will implement that in due course. This will prevent users from accessing the site when they have ad-blockers enabled.

On 19/08/2017 at 19:23, milton75 said:

Hi, unfortunately this doesn't work.

I've just tried to renew my subscription via the site, and get the following:

3d3bc5cf3525ac04bc239cd39fa382f7.jpg

It's because their is already a renewal invoice on your account for the subscription.

I've resent it to you. If you follow the link in the email then you should be able to renew but let me know if you have any problems.

Apperciate your patience.

1 minute ago, Div said:

It's because their is already a renewal invoice on your account for the subscription.

I've resent it to you. If you follow the link in the email then you should be able to renew but let me know if you have any problems.

Apperciate your patience.

Thanks bud - appreciate that!

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:54, Div said:

Cant seem to but Plat Sub Div...

Archived