c***s in shops

Self service checkouts.

I can have somebody do all the work for me - scan my goods and take my payment - or I can pay the exact same amount of money to do it myself, undoubtedly encountering a problem that needs a staff member to fix anyway.

Not up to me to help shops get rid of staff and to not pass the savings on to customers through cheaper prices. Want me to self scan? Give me staff discount as I'm effectively doing away with the need for your staff. I refuse to use self scan unless I have to as a matter of principle.

And screaming weans in the supermarket. A living hell. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Self service checkouts.
I can have somebody do all the work for me - scan my goods and take my payment - or I can pay the exact same amount of money to do it myself, undoubtedly encountering a problem that needs a staff member to fix anyway.
Not up to me to help shops get rid of staff and to not pass the savings on to customers through cheaper prices. Want me to self scan? Give me staff discount as I'm effectively doing away with the need for your staff. I refuse to use self scan unless I have to as a matter of principle.

Incorrect, use self service and don't pay for bags. Use the folk and they'll make you pay for the bags. I like free bags.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Self service checkouts.

^^^^ Understands that the struggle is real.

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

Incorrect, use self service and don't pay for bags. Use the folk and they'll make you pay for the bags. I like free bags.

You mean use self service and be a tight arse by refusing to pay for bags.

Doing checkout staff out of jobs AND stealing bags. Is there no depth you won't sink to?

You mean use self service and be a tight arse by refusing to pay for bags.
Doing checkout staff out of jobs AND stealing bags. Is there no depth you won't sink to?

I can't halt the machine revolution, but I can take advantage of it. It's thinkers like me that will keep us all from being replaced.

Supermarkets are pretty much hell on earth, and were it not for some fairly restrictive UK gun laws, I'd probably be posting this from my 10 mins per week of computer time in the midst of a 40 year sentence for mass killing. 

I can't pin down one particular seethe-inducing winner, so my top three:

1. "Would you like a help to pack?" - Answering "no it's OK thanks" in this situation is clearly seen as a challenge by the Checkout Operative who then sees it as their mission to scan and chuck everything down to you as fast as humanly possible. You've not even managed to prise apart the fiddly fucker of a carrier bag and you've already had half your weekly shop launched down to you. Sod's law dictates that your shop will consist of awkwardly shaped items which are a c**t to bag up quickly, with a queue behind watching you feebly struggle to complete what should be a straightforward task, but feels like one of the manual dexterity rounds on the old Krypton Factor. Awful. 

2. Pensioners - Almost without exception, old people make shopping an utterly miserable experience. If they're not congregating at doors to chat about the weather/young people/bins not being emptied/someone dying, they're holding you up at checkouts through a total inability to operate a simple debit card, or dithering across aisles, displaying an innate sixth sense to be able to block your path no matter which side of them you try to pass. The worst one was some old c**t paying for a half bottle of Whyte & Mackay with nothing but 2, 5 and 10p coins. Get them into the fucking sea. 

3. Jakeballs and Lottery Tickets - Anyone that's every bought anything from the lottery counter/till will have doubtless experienced some absolute scheme rat taking in about 50 nicotine-stained lottery tickets and scratchcards to be checked by some poor unfortunate cashier. When the inevitable winnings of £4 have been identified, we then have the joy of waiting for them to decide which scratchcards to buy next and also the failure to understand the complexity of adding a packet of tobacco and 20 rizlas to the equation. 

I hate everyone and everything tbh. 

Going to a smaller supermarket like Scotmid and packing your basket with the heavy stuff on one side to make it easy for them to hand you them first for packing, only for them to hand you the yoghurt and eggs first. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My wife is a c**t in a shop. She always uses the beep as you shop thing or whatever it's called which on itself takes longer than flinging stuff onto a trolley, an invariably, she gets checked for a full scan by some Tescocunt at the end anyway.

Tescunto surely?

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Supermarkets are hives of scum and villainy.

ASDA and Tesco being the main offenders.

Asda is a sink of evil.

I can do Dumbarton Morrisons. Particularly if it's my favourite check out woman. Helensburgh Waitrose is ok but the the problem with Waitrose in general is poor stock control due to everything having terrible use by dates. Hell, Wholefoods is a positive adventure.

But I refuse to go to Asda unless absolutely necessary. 

37 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Supermarkets are pretty much hell on earth, and were it not for some fairly restrictive UK gun laws, I'd probably be posting this from my 10 mins per week of computer time in the midst of a 40 year sentence for mass killing. 

I can't pin down one particular seethe-inducing winner, so my top three:

1. "Would you like a help to pack?" - Answering "no it's OK thanks" in this situation is clearly seen as a challenge by the Checkout Operative who then sees it as their mission to scan and chuck everything down to you as fast as humanly possible. You've not even managed to prise apart the fiddly fucker of a carrier bag and you've already had half your weekly shop launched down to you. Sod's law dictates that your shop will consist of awkwardly shaped items which are a c**t to bag up quickly, with a queue behind watching you feebly struggle to complete what should be a straightforward task, but feels like one of the manual dexterity rounds on the old Krypton Factor. Awful. 

2. Pensioners - Almost without exception, old people make shopping an utterly miserable experience. If they're not congregating at doors to chat about the weather/young people/bins not being emptied/someone dying, they're holding you up at checkouts through a total inability to operate a simple debit card, or dithering across aisles, displaying an innate sixth sense to be able to block your path no matter which side of them you try to pass. The worst one was some old c**t paying for a half bottle of Whyte & Mackay with nothing but 2, 5 and 10p coins. Get them into the fucking sea. 

3. Jakeballs and Lottery Tickets - Anyone that's every bought anything from the lottery counter/till will have doubtless experienced some absolute scheme rat taking in about 50 nicotine-stained lottery tickets and scratchcards to be checked by some poor unfortunate cashier. When the inevitable winnings of £4 have been identified, we then have the joy of waiting for them to decide which scratchcards to buy next and also the failure to understand the complexity of adding a packet of tobacco and 20 rizlas to the equation. 

I hate everyone and everything tbh. 

RE point one..

Then they shout "that's £43.35" knowing full well you're already flustered at trying to pack everything neatly into shitey wee bags that will probably burst. I just look at them to say, aye ok then I'll just pack everything away and pay when I'm ready. 

Also asking would you like bags for that when you are buying, for example, eight big bottles of beer and other stuff. Nah can't you see I'm a world class juggler who likes to take risks. We really are shit at service, in the states they would probably pack it all for you and expect a dollar. Why not do it here? 

The p***ks with the arrows pointing to an empty till can f**k off also.

Worst experience ever was in Ferry Road Morrisons in Edinburgh. Some right weird cats in there. 

One old wifie paid for a massive shop with coupons and kept taking stuff in and out the trolley and had several assistants running about for her. Another scheme goblin did a running commentary on everything she needed to her husband at full volume.

"Darryl, DAAARYLL" "have we goat eggs?" "Whit hen?" "EEEEEGGGZZZ"

I never went back there even though the drink section was awesome.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Also fuckwits who only use the petrol pumps at the side closest to the petrol flap instead of reaching it across.

This really boils my piss.

The DVLA should station themselves at petrol stations, watch for c***s creating havoc by doing this and cut their license up in front of them before setting their car on fire.

Generally, though not exclusively, old people,to whom it seems to come as a complete surprise that they are going to have to pay. If the method of payment isn`t in your hand at least know where they f**k it is.

That and people who want to chat to the person on the till after they have already settled up.

Further to DAFC comments above.

Two female jakeballs at counter in front of me buying scratch cards.

They then proceed to scratch them at counter, with queue building. No winners, they buy more and were about to scratch them at counter again until shop owner hunted them.

Self awareness zero. Hang them from lamp posts as a lesson to others who act in this way.

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Folk who put their stuff down on the checkout and then decide that they've only got half the stuff they've come in for and disappear to finish their shopping.

Or who reach the checkout, then send their partner off to fetch something else, forcing the rest of the queue to wait in a seething rage until they return.

Archived