The Defenders

54_and_counting

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Was quite dissapointed in the end, had so much potential as well, but felt dragged out and rushed at the same time,.

Probably could have done with more episodes and had more of a story, was quite underwhelming really. Would put it above Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but not close to the quality of Jessica Jones or the 2 seasons of Daredevil

after watching defenders i went back and watched daredevil again, for some reason season 1 has lost a lot of its charm, it feels really slow at times and a lot of the episodes drag right on, season 2 is still good but i think thats because they pad it out with the punishers storyline as well as daredevils

i actually liked luke cage, thought cottonmouth was an excellent villain, (on par with killgrave tbh)

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

after watching defenders i went back and watched daredevil again, for some reason season 1 has lost a lot of its charm, it feels really slow at times and a lot of the episodes drag right on, season 2 is still good but i think thats because they pad it out with the punishers storyline as well as daredevils

i actually liked luke cage, thought cottonmouth was an excellent villain, (on par with killgrave tbh)

I think the thing that put me off Luke cage was the fact that being indestructible you dont have the same element of peril (granted you know they wont die as they are still about in the MCU) in that they can get hurt etc. I liked Cottonmouth, the soundtrack was excellent, but didn't really like diamond back and some of the "realism" seemed to go once he appeared.

Also thought the timelines didn't sit right, as you had his appearance in Jessica Jones inbetween his being in jail / gaining powers, and him working in the hairdressers and his character / demenour seemed to have changed inbetween

Finished it. It's a tragedy that this only got 8 episodes while Iron Fist got a full 13!

One thing I felt was a bit iffy was the big deal they kept making over who Daredevil was. The Hand act surprised that he's back then acknowledge his past with Elektra and comment how she didn't kill Matt behind the restaurant.

Yes, he had a scarf round his face but surely they'd have worked out it was Matt eventually

• 6 months later...

I just got round to watching this. It was all a bit Meh. Danny Rand is really hard to watch, he's a terrible two dimensional liability in this with absolutely no redeeming qualities. It was nice to see Misty start her arc towards becoming a hero though.

I wonder if the end is hinting towards a classic Daredevil storyline where Karen breaks down and betrays Matt? And I'm fairly sure I know who "Maggie" is too.

Archived