The Defenders

54_and_counting

Out this friday, no doubt released as a full 13 episodes, time for a binge weekender i think lol

Whats everyones hopes and expectations from it, how do we think the storyline will go, will it change tact midway through like Luke Cage did

Im not 100% sure how it will go, given they have to spend a bit of time showing the heroes coming together and getting used to the 4 man team part, i can see the storyline setting itself up for a MAJOR season 2 of it

Only thing that might be a bit shite is the lack of wilson fisk in the trailers, vincent donofrio really was outstanding as him in both daredevil seasons

4 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Watching this the now, enjoying it but every time Luke Cage and to a lesser extent Iron Fist are on screen I sigh. JJ and DD are absolutely where it's at.

on episode 3 the now, i dunno where you are at but ive not seen much of cage and fist the now, weaver already has the air of a right bad ass villain demeanour about her, can tell she will be another top notch baddie from the MCU netflix series

on episode 3 the now, i dunno where you are at but ive not seen much of cage and fist the now, weaver already has the air of a right bad ass villain demeanour about her, can tell she will be another top notch baddie from the MCU netflix series

I'm on episode 3 as well, it's just that every scene with them seems to drag. Weaver does seem good though.

Finished it, fucking really enjoyed that 

thought the fight scenes were damn good, especially the 3v3 in the car park in the penultimate episode, also thought they managed to include all the secondary characters without the feeling of them being shoehorned in,

I also knew what was gonna happen with misty's arm, sound like a geek but i play marvel future fight and she has a metal arm in it lol, also im sure i seen that the punisher was to be in it, even as a cameo, ah well but his series will be good

Not sure how they will go on from this now, obviously elektra is still alive still, would love to see an adaptation of the shadowland storyline where daredevil turns bad and has to be rescued by the heroes for hire

10 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Just biding my time till the punisher is out. Still have Daredevil miles ahead of this and the other 3. 

Punisher should be top drawer, the tone of the netflix series is perfect for the punisher to be shown as brutal as he is, 

Another thing about the nerflix series, has there been a bad villain yet? I honestly can't think of one, each were fantastic in their own way, best one was Tennant imo, Mahershala Ali as cottonmouth was brilliant as well, 

Thought it was ok but didn't really get going until the last few episodes. The plot about the hand wanting to destroy the city has been done to death admittedly they had more of a reason than in Batman or Arrow.

Daredevil is by far the best fighter and has the best show. None of the fight scenes matched the stairway fight from Daredevil.

I missed watching Jessica Jones' own show as I thought it would be terrible. After watching her on the Defenders I decided to give it a go, and it's now actually my favourite of the four. Although there wasn't as many 'heroics' as the other three, the storyline was brilliant, the acting top notch (mostly) and has the best villain in Tennant's portrayal of Killgrave. Some if it is also very dark. Massively surprised how good it was. 

As far as the Defenders goes, slow to start, but picked up well in the end. I'd like to see maybe Hulk and Dr Strange in future series (prob nae chance) as they were both big parts of the Defenders in the comics along with Valkyrie, SubMariner and Nighthawk. I suspect it'll not branch out further than the original four though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was quite dissapointed in the end, had so much potential as well, but felt dragged out and rushed at the same time,.

Probably could have done with more episodes and had more of a story, was quite underwhelming really. Would put it above Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but not close to the quality of Jessica Jones or the 2 seasons of Daredevil

Archived