Scottish FA Youth Cup 2017-18

Rab B Nesbit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

What a superb venue at Kelty Hearts and id like to go back for a junior game there.

My image of the winning goal.

Quote of the day from someone next to me at the start of the game " Its the Celtic in the next round, will we play it at Ibrox or is it at their place or Morton" 

DSC_0119.JPG

14 hours ago, realmadrid said:

What a superb venue at Kelty Hearts and id like to go back for a junior game there.

You may have to wait a while given they play in the EOSL...

It's an excellent facility. They plan to erect 2 new grandstands (each side - one replacing the small terrace) and an end terrace cover.

17 hours ago, realmadrid said:

My image of the winning goal.

Quote of the day from someone next to me at the start of the game " Its the Celtic in the next round, will we play it at Ibrox or is it at their place or Morton" 

DSC_0119.JPG

Aye NCP had changed leaps and bounds in the last few years. Only thing left from about 3 years ago is the wee covered enclosure on the school side and the pavilion! As HJ says they have plans to put in 2 new stands having already built the 2 new enclosures, Fife Council laid the 3G but Kelty have done everything else by themselves.

Everyone seems to use it for DL games - Saints, Cowden , Raith and Burntisland Shipyard this season and the Pars last season, even Forfar and Berwick used it last season! A well used facility.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:57, Radford said:

Is one of the points of the Youth Cup not that it's meant to be open to fans and played in proper stadiums for the players? Not shoved into an afternoon slot in a closed doors training ground.

I've watched Killie play Scottish Cup ties at Lennoxtown.

You just walk in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 16:42, NorthernLights said:

Any idea when the Stirling Albion v Ross County game is due to be played?

We've got Ross County at "home" in the quarter finals.  Game is being played at North Lodge Park, home of Formartine United at 5pm on a Monday.

We used to play Youth Cup ties at Pittodrie.  I went to a handful over the last few years.

On 2/20/2018 at 20:40, NorthernLights said:

We've got Ross County at "home" in the quarter finals.  Game is being played at North Lodge Park, home of Formartine United at 5pm on a Monday.

We used to play Youth Cup ties at Pittodrie.  I went to a handful over the last few years.

• 4 weeks later...

Killie through to the semis.

Motherwell 2-3 Killie

Motherwell shot themselves in the foot. Missed some early sitters, gave a way a sloppy goal, lost their heads giving away a penalty and red cards for dissent. Killie weren't great with Alex Samizadeh looking like the only real footballer in their side. Even with Motherwell down to ten men and trailing Killie were chasing shadows in the midfield.

Just total heads gone from a few of the boys and Stephen Craigan. The ref was an arse but players have to handle themselves better. After getting booked for a soft penalty getting sent off as you go to take the kick off is plain stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived