Dumbarton vs Rangers U20's

As everyone knows it's utterly scandalous that the 'colts' are in this competition, some inclusions being more gut-wrenching than others.

I'd like us to progress, for the only reason that it'd mean one half of the disease that's slowly killing Scottish football is papped out of the competition.

I'm certainly not attending the game, and I usually would, but such is the pandering to the ugly sisters by the powers that be in the game, the only way to 'protest' as it were, is with your feet and hope against all that's stacked against you that someone somewhere takes notice and this nonsense is scrapped sooner rather than later.

I know of many like-minded Sons fans who also won't be in attendance for similar reasons which is sad for the club, but it's the only way to demonstrate the feeling amongst fans about how farcical and preferential this all is.

I'd like to think as a professional side in the Championship we can and will beat this mob and progress, but I can't say I have a massive appetite to progress, more so a desire to see Rangers' U20's dumped from the competition as soon as possible.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully any games involving Colt teams will be treated that way & supporters will stay away, some do not realise the ultimate goal is to have these Colt teams taking up league places which will impact many actual existing league clubs. Like yourself if we end up being drawn against one of these Colt teams would not attend.

I won't be going! Is there anyone actually going?

Judging by this, 1 chap. Obviously it's only a small number of respondents, but most of them are home and away regulars. I know of at last 8 others who are staying away as well.

6476a271c5d320279f6ff387e8269662.jpg462977acc5b6174c584abbea7d9c795d.jpg

9 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Ah well! We can't expect everyone to stay away! What's the prices? Has big les decided to fleece everyone that goes for £50?

Unfortunately Les has decided to charge an almost reasonable £10/£5. The man literally refuses to do anything the way we want.

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

Can see rangers bringing a big crowd to this

I do have a slight worry about the local three asterisk population suddenly discovering they have a team at the end of their street for this, but given entry to Rangers v Stenny in this competition last year was free (iirc), and only 324 folk turned up (and that's when Rangers were still on the high of Championship success) I'm hopeful it will be pretty low. Celtic having a game is a boost too, because that should turn off any of their local fans (and trust me on this, there are an awful lot) from potentially causing any trouble.

42 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Even SonsTV is boycotting this.

:lol: Saw that myself last night. "Previous commitment" - don't worry Mr SonsTV, we all know what you mean 

Quite a few of the U20 games don't even have threads.

I wouldn't even mind so much if it was only for this competition. But as has been said many times before I can't help fearing this is a back door way into the league for colt teams. On this occasion only I'll be hoping for as low attendance as possible at the Rock!

20 hours ago, peternapper said:

Hopefully any games involving Colt teams will be treated that way & supporters will stay away, some do not realise the ultimate goal is to have these Colt teams taking up league places which will impact many actual existing league clubs. Like yourself if we end up being drawn against one of these Colt teams would not attend.

Don't the Colt teams use various league grounds?

Rangers fans on twitter saying that £10 is too much for this game and won't be attending because we're just trying to coin in the blue pound. Glorious stuff. Still expect the Dumbarton Loyal to show up mind you.

It would be nice if Aitken and Durrant registered themselves to play and started at centre mid. We could just argue that our younger players needed a mentor or two on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Surely they're not being serious?

If so that's absolutely delicious.

Normally I would say of course they're not serious, but this is a group of fans who are trying to get someone arrested for cupping his ear at them. It's not even the most bonkers thing they've been outraged at this week, the stupid c***s.

Archived