Dumbarton vs Rangers U20's

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God bless the sons of the rock YNWA chocky arlar.

Same sellick fans who wanted us to go down because Ian Durrant is our assistant manager.

Do us a favour and stick to your galacticos and leave the bigoted pish to you and your brother of destruction.

Great result sons, not celebrating it too much as the colt teams should not be in the competition anyway

2 minutes ago, supersons said:

Same sellick fans who wanted us to go down because Ian Durrant is our assistant manager.

Do us a favour and stick to your galacticos and leave the bigoted pish to you and your brother of destruction.

Great result sons, not celebrating it too much as the colt teams should not be in the competition anyway

I was joking. I fucking hate Celtic and Rangers.

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Regardless of the final result, it isnt a great endorsement of Colt involvement against proper teams.

Whether we f**k it or not, more Colts will be put out this round than will progress.

On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if the "spin" is that last season only 1 "B" team made the Last 32 whereas this season 6 have... Over-aged players, getting rid of all seeding, reorganising R1 & R2 are probably the main reasons - perhaps also actual clubs taking it even less seriously - but it looks like a huge upsurge. Must be a good chance that 1 or more will progress further, perhaps drawing each other.

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if the "spin" is that last season only 1 "B" team made the Last 32 whereas this season 6 have... Over-aged players, getting rid of all seeding, reorganising R1 & R2 are probably the main reasons - perhaps also actual clubs taking it even less seriously - but it looks like a huge upsurge. Must be a good chance that 1 or more will progress further, perhaps drawing each other.

Unless they draw each other I doubt they will get any further. As you know I dont personally have any issue with the 20s teams playing in this but they fundamentally arent good enough to get anywhere in this. I dont really see why anyone cares much or takes great offence at their inclusion. Of the six who got through one was from an all 20s clash and two beat non league sides, one of those needing penalties. Three did beat league sides in Queens Park, Forfar and Edinburgh City. No idea how seriously those sides took it but most league sides will comfortably beat a 20s side at least 8 times out of ten. I think every side left in it would be favourite over any 20s side left in it if they take it seriously.

I dont really see why anyone cares much or takes great offence at their inclusion. 

As has been discussed, it's quite obviously a springboard to having them added to the league setup. It's been hailed as a success when it quite clearly isn't. It's also hurting clubs financially because no one wants to go watch a match involving colts. There are literally zero positives.

It has devalued the competition to the point I don't even give a f**k who we get in the next round.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Unless they draw each other I doubt they will get any further. As you know I dont personally have any issue with the 20s teams playing in this but they fundamentally arent good enough to get anywhere in this. 

Neither are League 2 or Non-League sides.  

5 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Ross County?  

Or do you mean the team who played with 10 men for 80+ minutes.  

Apologies 'biggest U20s team in the country'

Yes, I do. You know, the team of part-time guys (many of whom were released by Queen of the South, and who completed a full day at work) against the team of full-time professional athletes. 

20 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Apologies 'biggest U20s team in the country'

Yes, I do. You know, the team of part-time guys (many of whom were released by Queen of the South, and who completed a full day at work) against the team of full-time professional athletes. 

Not to mention Clyde signed about nine players off them.

18 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Not to mention Clyde signed about nine players off them.

Good point. 

Interesting that the two sides who failed to win in our Betfred Cup group both dumped out Old Firm 'Colts' fairly comfortably. 

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

There were only two of our players from last year involved on Tuesday to be fair. Another 4 on the bench though.

9 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

As has been discussed, it's quite obviously a springboard to having them added to the league setup. It's been hailed as a success when it quite clearly isn't. It's also hurting clubs financially because no one wants to go watch a match involving colts. There are literally zero positives.

It has devalued the competition to the point I don't even give a f**k who we get in the next round.

Exactly my thoughts on it. It's so bad that even Skyline Drifter and StewartyMac have (finally) grudgingly admitted it's a total farce. Can think of no greater minter than folk that care about progressing through in this joke of a competition.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Exactly my thoughts on it. It's so bad that even Skyline Drifter and StewartyMac have (finally) grudgingly admitted it's a total farce. Can think of no greater minter than folk that care about progressing through in this joke of a competition.

Where did I do this? I don't have any problem with the competition and I do care about progressing through in it. I would prefer the Welsh and Irish teams weren't in it but I'm not overly bothered about it.

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There were only two of our players from last year involved on Tuesday to be fair. Another 4 on the bench though.

My apologies. 

So an under strength Queen of the South U20s tribute XI would've been more accurate ;)

Archived