Arbroath v East Fife

Coming off 2 games where we've pretty much dominated this will be a harder test I think.

Fancy us though. I'd get Swankie into the team and put Denholm out wide.

Our games with East Fife usually have a bit of bite about them so look forward to it. Usually get a decent travelling support to methil and up from methil for these games. Hopefully adds to it.

Mon the Broath.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

Probably just because we've been in the same division fairly regularly in the last 10-15 years while our main local rivals have not.

Yep. I remember my dad saying East Fife and Arbroath always seemed to end up fighting it out in the same parts of the leagues going back a few decades. Similar sized clubs in a lot of ways so we seem to end up 'together' more than most other teams over the years.

Geographic proximity is another obvious factor. Since at least a couple of the other Angus sides are often in different leagues (as with the Dundee teams), so the 40 mile distance is barely an hour's drive and fairly manageable. Mind you Levenmouth badly needs a rail connection to facilitate the travel. Not dissimilar size of towns - around 31,000 in the core Methil/Leven/Buckhaven conurbation compared with 25,000 for Arbroath. Both east coast with economies that have seen better days, he said charitably. Fife have a much more impressive history thanks to the mining wealth around the middle of the century. And usually a half decent following for both, well for this level, so a bit of atmosphere. Bring it on.

Yep. I remember my dad saying East Fife and Arbroath always seemed to end up fighting it out in the same parts of the leagues going back a few decades. Similar sized clubs in a lot of ways so we seem to end up 'together' more than most other teams over the years.

Think the rivalry was ratcheted up when Baikie was EF boss, got a bit tasty in the tunnel at Gayfield I seem to recall

From what I understand if the red card was not for violent conduct then the suspension will only count for the competition it was received it, in other words he will miss the first round of next season's challenge cup! Just my interpretation

Archived