Arbroath v East Fife

A game full of comical defending along with some clever play.Thought Paul Willis caused Arbroath a lot of problems picking up the ball between their midfield and back line.Have never seen Linn and Swankie so quiet,Arbroath will be looking for better from them.Ryan Goodfellow was a bizarre mixture of very good saves,suicidal kicking and the occasional flap at crossballs.He also rescued his defenders from some poor play.A great 3 points for East Fife and while they had luck for the goals both against Peterhead and Arbroath they are looking far more dangerous going forward.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't even know where to start yesterday. Could've been 4/5 down at half time then could've won 4-3 in the second half. Hutton had an absolute mare. I remember Dunfermline or Ayr fans saying he struggled with long shots and this has been fairly evident on Tuesday and yesterday. Couldn't believe he let the second in and then the less said about the third the better. I still think Gomes is better. Gold on the bench is a shocker from DC. If what I've heard he told Gold is true then it's genuinely hilarious. As I said before the game, Whatley is a bang average player in his actual position and we're trying to shoehorn him into the team out of position. Hammy hasn't been great this season, maybe still feeling the effects of that knock he picked up in pre season?I hope so anyway. Through he was great at CB last season and didn't really get the fuss over getting him back to LB.Yule had a mare yesterday but I think this also might be because McCord was playing alongside him. McCord is technically fantastic, but we all know his limitations and he can't really play in a midfield two. Swankie was poor yesterday, didn't help the midfield or attack really. He's as good as a man down off the ball. Doris having to do all the work up top on his own as usual, and did anyone really think we'd get a goal when we brought Prunty and Hester off the bench?Still need defensive cover and a striker IMO. Yesterday all the more disappointing considering we've got Ayr away next week.

Haha im not saying it wasn't brilliant from Doris, because it was. But Whatley will get the assist and it doesn't mean he played well either.

Bobby was very quiet, every single EF fan has said that so far. A wee 5 yard pass to set up Denholm doesn't change that.

Don't know if it's his injury or just his form but he's not trying to take guys on anymore in my opinion.

Individual mistakes cost us badly yesterday, other than that there wasn't much between the teams. Was quite impressed with East Fife yesterday and the step up in opposition from last season is clear right away, we'll have to be at it every week to get results. 

No doubt that when Bobby is on form he is one of the top creative midfielders at this level. He's also one of the most honest and likeable guys I've come across in the game.

l think he'd be first to admit that he was quieter than usual yesterday and if EFFC and AFC fans are in agreement then he is probably struggling injury wise.

It's still one of my deepest frustrations that a handful of arseholes, who probably have never been seen at Bayview since caused the wee man to leave East Fife...

No doubt that when Bobby is on form he is one of the top creative midfielders at this level. He's also one of the most honest and likeable guys I've come across in the game.
l think he'd be first to admit that he was quieter than usual yesterday and if EFFC and AFC fans are in agreement then he is probably struggling injury wise.
It's still one of my deepest frustrations that a handful of arseholes, who probably have never been seen at Bayview since caused the wee man to leave East Fife...

What actually happened with that? I remember something about him saying on twitter we have the moaniest fans ever or something (he's right to be fair) but that might be nonsense.

Don't know everything that happened but there was a period where a section of the support would criticise him almost constantly every game. It was ridiculous behaviour towards a guy that had been such a good player for us over the years. He went through a patch of poor form but sometimes you just have to accept that with creative players especially at this level. If he could perform at his best every game, he'd have been nowhere near East Fife to begin with.

I still like Bobby Linn. The wee bit of needle between him and East Fife these days makes me like him even more to be fair.

38 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

It was one a*******e who sat around L40 who was not very - shall we say very PC (clue).... and yes he's not been back since that day.

We deserved to take something from that game yesterday and could have won it but from great saves from their m.o.m keeper and bad luck and bad finishing.

Their no 16 was causing havoc and Hammy was struggling to contain him.

A few managerial mistakes imo, why was Gold dropped, was it to give the Captain a game?

Both full backs Whatley and Hammy were poor and i could not believe DC kept Hammy on the park when he was lucky just to get a yellow card as he was a ticking timebomb to get sent off.

I thought Swankie played well and had some class touches so could not understand him getting subbed either.

T.O.B., McCord and Doris were all excellent for us, even if we got a point i would have been dissapointed not to win the game so to come out of that game after the chances we had was a sore one to take.

Their 3rd goal was a comedy of errors. 

Don't know everything that happened but there was a period where a section of the support would criticise him almost constantly every game. It was ridiculous behaviour towards a guy that had been such a good player for us over the years. He went through a patch of poor form but sometimes you just have to accept that with creative players especially at this level. If he could perform at his best every game, he'd have been nowhere near East Fife to begin with. I still like Bobby Linn. The wee bit of needle between him and East Fife these days makes me like him even more to be fair.

Yup. They've got it the hardest. Every time they're on the ball it's their job to try and do something or create something, hard thing to do and you've got to take risks. Can't give them grief for attempting something that doesn't come off, if it does these moments change games.

Stirling away last season, a 'diehard' AFC 'supporter' giving Omar Kader grief all day, scores a decent goal by taking a chance instead of just playing it easy, despite being slagged for trying things all game. Extremely pleasing.

Linn is a fans favourite with us and up there with one of my favourite all time. I think if he's carrying an injury we should try and get it cleared up so he can get back to his best. Still making a decent contribution mind you but I don't think he's 100 percent.

He did get his subs wrong yesterday, in my view, when experienced heads were required, Prunty should have been the 1st change not Hester, while Kane has his charms, he hardly affected the game and to take off Ricky instead of Hammy, was not a move I would have made unless of injury

Archived