Morton v Livi (Irn Bru Challenge Cup)

LIVIFOREVER

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Good guess but the wrong way round.

Wasn't pretty, especially the first half but we got the win and move on to the next round.

Toddy's goal looked well taken, after outmuscling the defender he took it well.

Aye, fair play. As others have said we were probably the better team at 0-0, but you guys controlled the game when Todorov scored. Halkett (sp?) looks a good defender. 

For us, I'd probably only give McManus pass marks, first time seeing him in his natural position and he was pretty decent. Doyle, Forbes and Harkins were brutal, the latter just kills any sort of urgency we've got, overly casual on the ball and misplaced so many passes. 

All the best in the next round, cuntos. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't help feeling Duffy was being a bit experimental in his line up and subsequent substitutions. 

He seems desperate to get a midfield of Forbes, Tidser and Harkins to work. I sort of get his thinking that all are skillful players who can create chances in games and perhaps on paper it looks good. But the brutal reality is it gives the opposition an absurd amount of space and time to simply run over us.

When Murdoch and McManus went off, Livi dominated the midfield and hit us on the break. That midfield needs binned now!

Young Jack Iredale showed he has great promise but as many suspected, is still very raw and inexperienced. I would imagine he will go out on loan somewhere.

Strapp was one of the successes of the night. He will surely press Russell for the LB role this season.

McManus also looked good in midfield. He will probably be used as cover for Murdoch who has started the season brilliantly.

I still feel we are short of pace down the left hand side. Nesbitt can fill that role and hope he is signed on loan again very soon.

All in all it was just a poor game to watch. No urgency from us at all - although I thought we knocked the ball about well, albeit with no end product. 

13 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Strapp, Iredale and McManus were among the worst of the lot! No idea what game the poster 2 above was at. 

Guess we'll need to disagree. All are young inexperienced players and that showed at times. Iredale go caught out a few times but there wasn't much wrong with both McManus and Strapp's performance.   

24 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Those goals look even worse from that angle than they did from the Cowshed. Does the second goalscorer fall over and accidentally put his team 2-0 up?

Think he manages to lift it over the keeper as he's falling rather than trying to take a touch, thought it was actually a really good finish by Danny just to lift it out of the reach of the GK

3 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

I still can't get over that awful defending, what is going on :lol:

What defending?

Aye it looks pretty bad watching the highlights of our goals, dunno where your defence was for our first goal and they were just spectators for our 2nd for all the good they did in trying to stop us. 2 well taken goals from our pov but terrible defending.

Just now, Durnford said:

Some man; tells it like it is.

You do get the feeling that whatever the problem is or was; he'll sort it out.

Yep, not sure this win has done us any favours for when we play them again in a couple of weeks. They'll be out to make amends for their cup defeat and will be well motivated with it being so soon after this game.

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, not sure this win has done us any favours for when we play them again in a couple of weeks. They'll be out to make amends for their cup defeat and will be well motivated with it being so soon after this game.

Its alright - I have a cunning plan

We'll play 6-6-4 and stroll it

:thumsup2

Archived