Morton v Livi (Irn Bru Challenge Cup)

LIVIFOREVER

Done well in the Betfred so hopefully we'll continue that form into this cup comp. Not quite so confident as I was after beating Falkirk after our defence shipped 2 goals against Brechin, and Morton giving St Mirren a pasting. Don't know if Keaghan is out injured but if he is then surely Thomson should be getting his debut, he's meant to be the same kind of player.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't care less about this cup since they started messing about with it and allowing colts teams in with mentors.

As it stands this cup now has less significance than a friendly with a team that we're already going to be playing four times already.

Ideally we should rest as many players as possible - I wonder if we'd end up getting find if both teams elected to play our under 19's?

23 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Couldn't care less about this cup since they started messing about with it and allowing colts teams in with mentors.

As it stands this cup now has less significance than a friendly with a team that we're already going to be playing four times already.

Ideally we should rest as many players as possible - I wonder if we'd end up getting find if both teams elected to play our under 19's?

Completely agree with you, I'll be heading along to it but only out of loyalty and something to do. 

The competition is a complete farce and should be treated as such. 

Hope we play a shadow side and save our legs for the league and Hibs game. Got bigger fish to fry and this competition is a stain now; our f**k-up last season aside, I don't think we even made anything from taking part in it, even if we reached the quarters.

Morton to win by 3.

Didn't go the our game against Celtic colts last season as it was a farce but I enjoyed the novelty of playing Crusaders (twice) and TNS. Tbh I didn't much care about this comp till we got to the final and won it, it isn't really a comp you get excited about. Petrofac did a good job trying to get fans involved though, with a fan doing the draw and presenting the trophy, it has gone to f**k again now though, with the colts pish.

I'll still head along to this game as it's early in the season and i'm enthusiastic about getting a footballing fix, plus I've feckall else to do on a Tues.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Don't care if we get pumped but would be nice to see us keep our unbeaten run going.

Maley; Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett; De Vita, Robinson, Thomson, Jacobs, Cadden; Carrick, Knox. 

Aye that's the game, play Maley and/or Knox then if we lose we can say it was against our reserves to make ourselves feel a bit better, just hope Morton don't do the same or that'll be that excuse fecked. :lol: 

Cup runs are prob the highlight of our season, even this diddy one, I want us to go as far as we can in all of them.
I see this is a ticket game, Livi fans will have to go to the ticket office to get one before going to the turnstile.

Aye?
That's nonsense if true

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Cup runs are prob the highlight of our season, even this diddy one, I want us to go as far as we can in all of them.

I see this is a ticket game, Livi fans will have to go to the ticket office to get one before going to the turnstile.

All our games are all ticket .

Its a bit misleading just means you can't pay at the turnstile by cash, Dougie thinks the TO's were on the take.

Its our new super-dooper system, well it will be once home supporters can buy on line.

Hope to progress in this and give some of our injured players some game time and hopefully eventually try out the new entry system in the next round anyway either £6 or £12 entry.

Enjoy.

Archived