PSJFC v PTFC 19.8.17

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should agree to move this game to Firhill. Or anywhere but McDiarmid.

Once again at McD thought Thistle were very good last Tuesday. Kept the ball well, kept tight defensively and attacked well when the opportunity came.

Think they've also been very good at playing us at our own game a wee bit when they come to Perth and that's meant as a compliment.

I don't know how we should approach the game but probably need Thistle to have an off day cause they seem to really have our number.

Wasn't much between us in the Cup game, pretty well matched the two teams in truth. A lot could depend on how Storey and Sammon affect things, both are the types of player who'll cause us problems.

Biggest positive for me is we created plenty of chances in the Cup and surely can't miss all of them again, and Steven Anderson won't be as bad as he was in that game aswell.

Would obviously be nice if we could pick up another win but I'm really struggling to think of a time recently where we played a team in the cup and the league in short order and won them both. Raith in 2001 is the most recent one I can remember, 2-1 on the Saturday and 5-3 AET on the Tuesday- our introduction to the sewer rat that is Nacho Novo. Anyway, I digress. 

From having Nisbet as our only striking option a week ago, we've now got 4 which will obviously lead to us picking the wrong option / combination.

Another in a pretty tough run of fixtures to start the season, I can see us being bottom at the start of October but unlike the previous couple of seasons I wouldn't be worried if that was the case (unless we have an even more horrendous spate of injuries) as I think the squad is now stronger than it has been at any time since promotion.

If we can get them down to 8 men then were in with a chance....

We're "masters at conning the ref into giving us free kicks" so there's every chance.

Wouldn't be shocked if Cummins end up suspended for this now, which would leave us with only MacLean as a striker. Not ideal.

Archived