PSJFC v PTFC 19.8.17

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wouldn't be shocked if Cummins end up suspended for this now, which would leave us with only MacLean as a striker. Not ideal.

That would be the case even if he's not suspended...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like us to turn up, perform, and beat Partick.

The huffy luvvies from Maryhill, with their tear stained tantrums, are no longer the cute and cuddly wee fans we've all loved these past few years.   Their support need a lesson in how to handle defeat gracefully, and should refer back to the recent league cup match for pointers.

They were up there with Morton fans in the delighted onlookers stakes after our European exit and really need to be put back in their box.  I don't know what it is about beautiful scenic Perthshire that brings such animosity from the slum dwelling Weegies, but this needs an absolute shitfest victory for Saints, just to bring out the best in our theatrical friends from the west.

Sadly, Partick Thistle have added grit and steel to a squad which used to knock the ball about well, without offering much punch. Two journeymen premiership strikers also look reasonable signings to add different options, and guarantee a few extra goals.

They look like a solid premiership side now, and it's hard to imagine they won't comfortably finish outwith the bottom four.

For Saints, if the Chris Millar rumours are true, then Paul Paton's ability to kick the ball much further and much higher will see him as the preferred option alongside Murray Davidson, who's had a decent start to the season.

We can but hope we finally figure out a formation with which to beat Thistle, but who knows...

Put 10 men behind the ball, and give the ball to O'Halloran might just be the way to go.

The huffy luvvies from Maryhill, with their tear stained tantrums, are no longer the cute and cuddly wee fans we've all loved these past few years.   Their support need a lesson in how to handle defeat gracefully, and should refer back to the recent league cup match for pointers.
They were up there with Morton fans in the delighted onlookers stakes after our European exit and really need to be put back in their box.  I don't know what it is about beautiful scenic Perthshire that brings such animosity from the slum dwelling Weegies, but this needs an absolute shitfest victory for Saints, just to bring out the best in our theatrical friends from the west.
Sadly, Partick Thistle have added grit and steel to a squad which used to knock the ball about well, without offering much punch. Two journeymen premiership strikers also look reasonable signings to add different options, and guarantee a few extra goals.
They look like a solid premiership side now, and it's hard to imagine they won't comfortably finish outwith the bottom four.
For Saints, if the Chris Millar rumours are true, then Paul Paton's ability to kick the ball much further and much higher will see him as the preferred option alongside Murray Davidson, who's had a decent start to the season.
We can but hope we finally figure out a formation with which to beat Thistle, but who knows...
Put 10 men behind the ball, and give the ball to O'Halloran might just be the way to go.

Ok m8.
1-1 shitfest draw, Doolan for us.

5ffc6d83680142e77eb999f2b09e6585.jpg

A look at the league table tells you leaders Saints should coast it against relegation threatened, pointless Partick, who coincidentally don't have any points, before we head to Parkhead to start putting daylight between us and the diddy stragglers.

2-0 Thistle. Storey, Sammon.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I often wonder what Archibald could do if he had a massive player budget like they enjoy at Hearts or St Johnstone.
I'd say we'd have had a few cup wins and played in the Europa League groups stages a couple of times.

I'd certainly hope to see Thistle moving away from the cynical hoofball currently on display from them. The Scottish premiership would be a much better place if teams at least tried to play football the same way as the likes of ourselves and Celtic.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

I often wonder what Archibald could do if he had a massive player budget like they enjoy at Hearts or St Johnstone.
I'd say we'd have had a few cup wins and played in the Europa League groups stages a couple of times.

We could be chucking millions about and we'd still shit ourselves against the blue bigots, though.

6 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Aye, Weir in a different financial league from you these days.

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If St Johnstone could just give us a list of who they are interested in signing so we can take them first that would be lovely, thanks.

Graham Cummins' contract is up soon so he's next on the list. GO GO GO...

Archived