Highland Bumpkins vs The Famous

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jagster said:

Score draw pretty fair tbh. We win the first half they won the second but how did George Oakley miss that header in the second half. Looked easier to score

Did that hit the post then rebound to Gaston or was it headed straight at him? From our end we couldn't see what happened beyond being stunned he didn't score.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dim Juffy 

How we let Chronic Moron (Greenock Morton) back into the game is a mystery to me.

Trafford looked tidy and assured but faded, along with our midfield grip, in the second half.

(mystery solved)

The Neanderthal urge in the north stand to "get it up the park" (Baird and Bell ... really) made me bristle.

Why we didn't communicate forcefully with the Tory in the black is disappointing.

Trafford > Draper

Did that hit the post then rebound to Gaston or was it headed straight at him? From our end we couldn't see what happened beyond being stunned he didn't score.

It happened so quick it looked like he had a clear header then headered it away from goal. A really poor header. Was great to see the Morton fans in the bar before game singing and getting pi$$ed way better crack than some of the top league teams

10 hours ago, sophia said:

How we let Chronic Moron (Greenock Morton) back into the game is a mystery to me.

Trafford looked tidy and assured but faded, along with our midfield grip, in the second half.

(mystery solved)

The Neanderthal urge in the north stand to "get it up the park" (Baird and Bell ... really) made me bristle.

Why we didn't communicate forcefully with the Tory in the black is disappointing.

Trafford > Draper

I also noted the ex SNP councillor now Tory MP linesman, given his political background I was surprised that he could run in a straight line.

14 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is there any reason other than you being a c**t that you come across as a total c**t? You called Morton Moron twice in the build up to the game and I thought it was a spelling mistake but Dim Juffy is up there with the Dungfartin's (which I'm sure you called us before) of this world.

Thank You very much for taking the time to diligently read all of my posts, it feels like stalking but in a good way, and I appreciate you unselfishly pointing out my spelling mistakes.

As others have said we had the better of the first half but regressed significantly during the second. Whilst we should probably have been more than one goal up at the break Morton could and probably should have scored more than one goal in the second half so a draw was probably fair over the course of the game. And whilst most of the team also began well they also faded badly as the game went on. The likes of Chalmers was much improved compared to last weekends disgraceful showing (he wasn't the only one of course) but in the second half he was making basic errors again and giving the ball away. Perhaps only Warren and Vigurs were mostly consistent over the piece. Mckay struggled in the first half as Quitongo exploited the space in behind Seedorf, playing further forward, and Mckay playing as the right CB. He (Quitongo) probably should have set up at least one Morton goal in the first half. Second half was largely dominated by the Ton. Our best chance was probably a header from Oakley that looked like he headed it backwards away from goal and into the box rather than into the net with the keeper flailing. Really bizarre looking header.

Improved from Dunfermline, though that wouldn't be hard, but we still look really, really poor over the course of a full match. Still shaky at the back with Mckay and Chalmers not looking too great and we lack any real attacking edge up front. This is now the 3rd or 4th formation that Robbo has used and with players still trying to get to know each other this constant changing can't be making things easy for them. So many are on completely different wavelengths from one another it's going to take a long time for them to click. I don't get the fawning for Trafford. He broke up play well but his forward passing was very poor and seldom found his man although that could well be down to the previous point about players not really knowing where one another is on the pitch. Like so many others in the team you really hope there is more to come from them.

Just a wee note to end this thread.

It really amused me to see the Author of the thread describe us as Bumpkins when in fact the vast majority of the Greenock population, and not only in Branchton, are descended from poor Irish immigrants who moved to Greenock to work in the shipyards, in fact, and there is absolutely no refuting this, the whole of Clydeside was populated in this way.

Bumpkins are from Somerset

We are Proud Teuchters born and bred and still reside in our Beautiful Highlands. and where the feck were you at Culloden?.

It really amused me to see the Author of the thread describe us as Bumpkins when in fact the vast majority of the Greenock population, and not only in Branchton, are descended from poor Irish immigrants who moved to Greenock to work in the shipyards, in fact, and there is absolutely no refuting this, the whole of Clydeside was populated in this way.
We are Proud Teuchters born and bred and still reside in our Beautiful Highlands. and where the feck were you at Culloden?.

d949b0a91972611a34778b35af82bdef.jpg

c59ba1d9fbd4e1fa5b359565e4dc824e.jpg

3 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

The battle of Culloden took place in 1746. Somehow I doubt you were there!

That's just after quarter to six in the evening. He'd've either still have been in the pub, or heading home after the game.

Archived