Highland Bumpkins vs The Famous

We certainly bossed them in the first 30 minutes, witness their singing section who went silent after 5 mins into the game, then we reverted back to pissing about.  Dim Juffy must have told his players to be more physical in the second half with the amount of pull backs and niggles going in especially at Calder who they couldn't contain.

Overall a poor game for us where we should have netted three in the first half, and they know it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 points dropped there I think. Didn't show up at all first half but completely on top second half. 2 or 3 good chances to kill it off not taken and other teams will absolutely skelp ICT unless they improve massively. Neither of our full backs got forward effectively and Ross Forbes was an absolute passenger. Most of their better play first half came straight through the middle and a better team would have picked us apart then.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We certainly bossed them in the first 30 minutes, witness their singing section who went silent after 5 mins into the game, then we reverted back to pissing about.  Dim Juffy must have told his players to be more physical in the second half with the amount of pull backs and niggles going in especially at Calder who they couldn't contain.

Overall a poor game for us where we should have netted three in the first half, and they know it.

Sounds like some encouraging signs here.

Something to build on, maybe?

33 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Offt seething much good girfuy.

53 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

f**k me, imagine you'd lost.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

:bairn

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Is there any reason other than you being a c**t that you come across as a total c**t? You called Morton Moron twice in the build up to the game and I thought it was a spelling mistake but Dim Juffy is up there with the Dungfartin's (which I'm sure you called us before) of this world.

game of two halves, the wind blowing hard from the north probably helped that

almost like the teams swapped shirts at half time though

a draw the fair result in the end

Shout out to the mad caley woman who assaulted me in the main stand for being a Morton fan :lol:

Just now, TONTROOPER said:

So what was her chosen method of attack...heid/slap/punch...?    

bit of verbal abuse and a few pushes in the back... nothing too exciting or anything to worry about but a bit surprising considering you don't expect that kind of thing at the football. Mates are Caley fans so we decided the best thing to do was to go the main stand together, as there would no hint of trouble. lesson learned

2 minutes ago, xj2011 said:

bit of verbal abuse and a few pushes in the back... nothing too exciting or anything to worry about but a bit surprising considering you don't expect that kind of thing at the football. Mates are Caley fans so we decided the best thing to do was to go the main stand together, as there would no hint of trouble. lesson learned

Actually...I call that foreplay :babe2:D:babe2

Would have bitten your hand off for a point at half time but it seems odd to come away from that disappointed at not winning. 

The referee - oh dear. When the early scything tackle on Doyle went unpunished I quietly wished I'd put money on the first booking being a Morton player - and it duly arrived moments later, with a few of our team pointing to the touchline asking what was so bad about our foul compared to theirs.

No idea how that scramble on the goalline stayed out. At least we didn't lose 5-1 again, I suppose.

Archived