Highland Bumpkins vs The Famous

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Two (league) games in and I want the season to be over already. Easy Morton win. 

What's the scoop on Conor Pepper? He showed promise with us then got released for seemingly no real season. Believe he's injured long term?

Went off injured February 2016 and never played for us again, before being released in the summer there. Had a last-chance type operation to save his career towards the end of last season, currently working his way back from that. Chances are he's retired now, which is a shame as he was a good player for us.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading up on Friday hoping for a good night followed by a Ton result.

Will be happy with a score draw. With a bit of luck might catch a view of Nessie in the morning to round off a good weekend.

17 hours ago, IainMorton said:

We released him at the end of last season. Disappointed he was injured for so long as he was a decent wee player.

9 hours ago, Deego said:

Went off injured February 2016 and never played for us again, before being released in the summer there. Had a last-chance type operation to save his career towards the end of last season, currently working his way back from that. Chances are he's retired now, which is a shame as he was a good player for us.

Cheers lads. He looked like he had potential in his first season with his and had a wee run in the game, bodying Alan Maybury off the ball to score a goal at Easter Road but then disappeared for a bit before randomly being launched back into the side on the last game of the season against County at right back where he was howling and I think he got injured that day as well. Shame to hear it's not looking too good for him right now.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I know it's a fair trek to Inverness, but leaving now is maybe a tad early.

By the time we've cleared the traffic lights from Greenock to Port Glasgow it'll be Saturday.

As many have said, bad bad memories up there so a point wouldn't be the end of the world. However its clear that they are not playing well so it's prob the best time for us to get them and have a chance of a result.

The squad will be absolutely buzzing after the weekend and i fancy us to pick up our first win ever in Inverness.  Hopefully we do the business in 90 mins tomorrow night and come away with no fresh injury concerns.

0-2.McHugh and Quitongo.

17 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

After drawing our first ever meeting we've managed two wins (both at Scapa) from the fourteen meetings which followed

5-1 on a Friday night and then 2-0 the following season, with Morton scoring twice in  the first 10 minutes? Are those really the only two wins you've had against us? That really surprises me, perhaps because I was at both and remember them vividly. I'd assumed our record again Morton was much worse than it apparently is. At the 5-1 game, Jim Jefferies and Billy Brown were behind us, apparently watching either Wyness or Barry Wilson, and when the 4th Morton goal went in, Jefferies turned to Brown and said 'This is fucking shite' and they both left.

In any case, any Morton supporters using past history as a reason for pessimism needn't worry, imo. Dunfermline supporters were doing the same in the pre-match thread last week, but the current ICT side bears no resemblance to anything that has gone before. There just isn't a team in there. This is not hyperbole, but I'd have pretty much all the team that started the 5-1 game in 1999 - the likes of Paul Sheerin, Barry Wilson, Dennis Wyness and Ross Tokely - ahead of anyone in the current squad.   

31 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

5-1 on a Friday night and then 2-0 the following season, with Morton scoring twice in  the first 10 minutes? Are those really the only two wins you've had against us? That really surprises me, perhaps because I was at both and remember them vividly. I'd assumed our record again Morton was much worse than it apparently is. At the 5-1 game, Jim Jefferies and Billy Brown were behind us, apparently watching either Wyness or Barry Wilson, and when the 4th Morton goal went in, Jefferies turned to Brown and said 'This is fucking shite' and they both left.

Here's the 2-0 game. Second goal courtesy of the Dumbarton manager. All the other one's I've got are pumpings apart from the 1-1 draw in Inverness.

26 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Here's the 2-0 game. Second goal courtesy of the Dumbarton manager. All the other one's I've got are pumpings apart from the 1-1 draw in Inverness.

With the added bonus of two seconds of Peter Hetherston at the start. Cheers.

At 19 minutes, the second goal was a little later in the game than I thought. I remember both being early on because we'd had a few lunchtime pints in Glasgow beforehand and then there was no toilet in the train, so my mate had to bail and look for one at Port Glasgow before he pished himself, then run the rest of the way to Cappielow, and he didn't arrive until we were 2-0 down. It was the highlight of the day. 

3 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

I remember both of those too. The 2-0 was no shock but the 5-1 was out of the blue as we were going well under Steve Paterson. All I remember is us having loads of the ball and getting hit at pace on the break. We all forgave Pele blips like that as we were a great team, maybe their minds were on the Challenge Cup Final the following week.

Terry Christie was watching too and used it to his advantage as his Alloa team beat us in the final. That's possibly the first time ever ICT got giantkilled instead of being giantkillers. Three months later we went to parkhead and won 3-1.

It's good to read the Morton fans mistaking us for the team we once were and predicting cautiously. No doubt after they've witnessed the shambles we've become they'll change their tune.

Also, we are apparently signing Charlie Trafford this week, no idea if he's going to be in the squad.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's good to read the Morton fans mistaking us for the team we once were and predicting cautiously. No doubt after they've witnessed the shambles we've become they'll change their tune.

Also, we are apparently signing Charlie Trafford this week, no idea if he's going to be in the squad.

It's mostly a case of not buying it. One of these confirmation bias things but it seems like every time all the fans on one side are so negative, they fucking win. 

Your lot might be pish but they'll still pick up points. Would not be surprised if we turn in a stinker at one of our biggest bogey grounds.

It's also too early to know if we're actually any good yet. Saturday was probably the first time we've played our strongest team in our favoured setup.

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I've been supporting Morton since 1995 and I've grown to learn that you should never be confident of winning a football match, no matter how bad the opposition are. It's the Morton way.

The away car park (marked with the arrow below) will probably cost about £3 or £4 I think but it's right next to the ground (shockingly) and you could get a (soft) drink in the supporters bar in the ground and a pie if you're hungry. It's basic but functional.

If you don't want to pay the cash there are plenty of options a bit further away from the ground that will then entail a short 5 - 10 minute walk (see attached map). Normally plenty of spaces along Longman Drive but it gets busier closer to kick off. Some of the industrial units have plenty of parking spaces as well (along Stadium Road) so you should be fine. Only issue with parking here is it might take a little longer to get back out onto the A9 to head south but it shouldn't be too onerous.

ICT.thumb.png.ec3ae1516aed7ec28e8f0aec1a0cc149.png

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The away car park (marked with the arrow below) will probably cost about £3 or £4 I think but it's right next to the ground (shockingly) and you could get a (soft) drink in the supporters bar in the ground and a pie if you're hungry. It's basic but functional.

If you don't want to pay the cash there are plenty of options a bit further away from the ground that will then entail a short 5 - 10 minute walk (see attached map). Normally plenty of spaces along Longman Drive but it gets busier closer to kick off. Some of the industrial units have plenty of parking spaces as well (along Stadium Road) so you should be fine. Only issue with parking here is it might take a little longer to get back out onto the A9 to head south but it shouldn't be too onerous.

ICT.thumb.png.ec3ae1516aed7ec28e8f0aec1a0cc149.png

Getting a pint at the stadium bar wasn't an option the last time we were up in 2013 iirc.

Is there a policy as regards away fans or do the police and stewards just pick their moments to be awkward?

Archived