Highland Bumpkins vs The Famous

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:

Quitongo to score 5. Discuss.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Last time I was up there, it was a 4-0 drubbing. A reverse of that would be nice.

Either of these scenarios is highly plausible at the moment. Get your house on a Morton victory.

Not going to this one, which I'm thankful for as apart from a 1-1 draw round about 2001 (Harry Curran equalised and then got a second yellow for diving inside the box not long after), I've seen us lose 5-1, 4-1 and 4-0 up there.

Going by yesterday's results, it should be an away win but I'd be happy with a point at this stage.

Two (league) games in and I want the season to be over already. Easy Morton win. 

What's the scoop on Conor Pepper? He showed promise with us then got released for seemingly no real season. Believe he's injured long term?

Just now, RiG said:

Two (league) games in and I want the season to be over already. Easy Morton win. 

What's the scoop on Conor Pepper? He showed promise with us then got released for seemingly no real season. Believe he's injured long term?

We released him at the end of last season. Disappointed he was injured for so long as he was a decent wee player.

The dear old Green Oak, fond memories of great sessions in the The Hole in the Wall way back when Scott's were still a business, now a call centre there I was told.

After yesterday result I can only HOPE that Robertson has tidied up our defence and is it possible that OFW will get a start?

Meh. Falkirk went to Paisley thinking they would walk it. Got pumped. 

The midden came to Greenock yesterday expecting to walk it. Got thoroughly pumped. 

Our record there is bad enough that I don't think we should be making the same mistake of thinking we'll win. A point here is probably fine. 

26 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Would take a point tbh, poor record up there. Anyone from the Albert bus know if there are seats available? Didn't see anything on.org, thanks in advance.

As of last night there was still some going. Give them a shout.

After drawing our first ever meeting we've managed two wins (both at Scapa) from the fourteen meetings which followed with some really awful drubbings dished out by ICT (6-2. 4-0 twice, 4-1, 4-2 and 5-1). I'm fairly sure that the 6-2 game was Billy Stark's last, and the dismantling of everything he built by HS soon followed.

I'm very likely to make this game so I'd take a point, particularly given that my only previous trip saw me miss our goal in the 5-1 game due to having to show my son where the toilets were.

Archived