Jeanfield Swifts 2017-18

bravehearts dad

• 1 month later...

No one could doubt the commitment, and passion that all players had for Jeanfield yesterday, however as any Scotland supporter knows, that isn't enough. I do have a few questions / thoughts, but I will only mention 1 for the moment. We are one of the smallest sides in the league, if not the smallest, and all opposing sides use their height to their advantage against us. So my question / thought is, "Why do we not use our lack of height to our advantage"? At free kicks, and corners, we are forever putting the ball high into the box, sometimes we actually have our tallest player taking the corners, why? There hasn't been any set piece situation, which has provoked a comment of "That came straight from the training ground" I am convinced that if we played some rehearsed set pieces, with the ball on the ground driving into the box, then we would be far more effective than we are now. We are making the opposing big boys look good. Everyone is the same height when the ball is on the ground, but everyone knows the smaller man with the lower centre of gravity has the advantage over the big one when the ball is on the ground. We have the talent to do it.

Archived