Raith v Forfar

I will also stand corrected. Rovers player still had the ball within touching distance to score. But...the foul didn't look as bad from that angle as it did from my seat.
Still wondering why Coxy #7 got booked for that challenge. Looked a perfect sliding tackle.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with all your points until four, it was pretty much attack versus defence for large swathes of the match, although Forfar defended well for almost all of it.

Not disagreeing that it was attack against defence but I thought we were starting to run out of ideas in the last 20 minutes and I didn't really feel that a goal was coming.

14 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Unfortunatley i had a big piller in front of me and was also trying to dodge the pigeon shit and general rubbish left lying around from the last game.....shambles of a place.

The club are running with a small ground staff at the moment due to our stadium manager leaving for pastures new and another stalwart unfortunately passing away hence the minutes applause yesterday.

Hope you weren't too uncomfortable.

I agree I thought in the last 15 minutes we had run out of ideas there was a lot if switching the play from side to side and crosses their big no 5 was mopping up it seemed nobody wanted to shoot. I think tiredness contributed to the late goals the third was a mistake forced by Spence running at the defence. Just seen the highlights and Buchanan has nipped in ahead of everyone for a speculative ball into the box for a deft finish.

There will be a few games like that this season teams just sitting in to frustrate and rovers will have to find new ways to break them down.

I think being a full time club the fitness is a real edge and there will be a lot of late goals.

11 hours ago, rw89 said:

A few points on seeing the highlights. The referee got the Robertson/Lister incident spot on. Lister goes down at the slightest contact, after poor communication between Davo and Robertson. Number 7's meltdown is on the video which is rather spectacular. Also, cracking shot from RaithTV for our first goal which is good use of the North Stand. 

The north stand is just a giant glorified camera tripod this season. 

Cracking FK from the Forfar boy, absolute rocket.

16 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Be good to see if Lister was hauled down when also clean through....no free kick or a booking for him? Unfortunatley i had a big piller in front of me and was also trying to dodge the pigeon shit and general rubbish left lying around from the last game.....shambles of a place.

Seen the match highlights, Forfar maybe be unlucky with sending off however the Lister challenge no way a sending off he through himself to the ground to easily along with that wee fat baw cox who had his teeth tickled and collapsed to the crowd in agony . Think playing against 10 men hindered the Rovers as Forfar just sat back but rightly so in there position. Don't know how Davo is getting a game he's a liability

37 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Some people are expert at conning the ref. This guy should be wearing a clown suit.

7HESy2a.gif

Where in the rule book does it say a defender is allowed to impede an opponent ,who has a clear goal scoring opportunity ,by grabbing hold of his wrist and upset his balance.

Free kick for Forfar, red card for defender.

4 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Where in the rule book does it say a defender is allowed to impede an opponent ,who has a clear goal scoring opportunity ,by grabbing hold of his wrist and upset his balance.

:lol:

18 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Lewis was taking his pulse as he thought he was dead.

5 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

At the time I thought there was no foul, as he went down petty easily, but now I see it again it is clear the defender is holding/pulling his wrist.

Impeding the forward run...foul, free kick

Punishment...not sure, im no ref

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If a player goes down like that with as little contact, I'd be more inclined to book that player. He went down looking for the free kick with no attempt to stay on his feet.

That to me is a dive regardless of the amount of contact.

It was a Home Town decision and your guy got away with one.

Enjoyed yesterday's match, as I did midweek. Raith looked very strong and well set for a big tilt at the title. Think Forfar will struggle and truth be told Brora would probably beat them.

Aye, because we plan on playing 60 minutes of every game with 10 men.
Tbh, I was expecting far more from Raith yesterday.

Archived