Raith v Forfar

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scored 3 again (which should really mean no complaining) yet there are still lots we need to improve on.

Firstly there's a lack or organisation and cohesion. Hopefully that changes over the coming months and it's certainly something to work on.

Secondly Callachan. Probably the most frustrating player on the park. He's clearly for a bit of talent but someone just needs to sit him down, remind him he's not Stevie G, and get him doing the basics. He also needs to have a bit more drive forward. In the second half he was played through one on one and ahead of the big Forfar defender. He just needs to take a touch going towards goal and, unless the big guy makes a great time tackle, he's one on one with the keeper or it's a pen. He did the same against Buckie midweek.

Thirdly....why did we start taking the ball into the corner at 3-1 up to 10 man Forfar. We should be going for the jugular and I'd expect any team to do the same to us in the same position. Goal difference could prove a big thing this season and Ayr have started the scoring stakes in much better form.

Happy for the win but I think next week could be a very tough one.

PLEASE, don't play Davidson next week!!

How many goals has he cost us already this season?

We won't 

have it easy against the Fife and can't afford to give them a goal start as Davidson did today

Cracking strike  from the Forfar guy, keeper never had a chance with it

Callachan didn't really put a foot wrong today. Not sure why there's any criticism levelled towards him.

Davo on the other hand is needing put out to pastures new. There are too many mistakes in his game for a team who want to be challenging for the league. He has been a great servant to us but he has to be a backup option at most for us.

Cracking strike  from the Forfar guy, keeper never had a chance with it

Absolutely no stopping that. They came here today, to frustrate us and that is exactly what they done. The worst thing that could have happened, did and that was them going down to 10 men and shutting up shop.

For a good wee while we had no answer for it, no way through and nearly every time they got the ball it was punted somewhere with no direction at all.

On the positive side, we kept plugging away. And got the goal. Even after we went 1 down there was a determination about us to get the equaliser, that just wasn't there last year.

Callachan and robertson were constantly looking for the ball, but once they had it, there was no way through and my god we struggled, great ball in for the 2nd, hit exactly where keepers and defenders hate. And for the 3rd, mensing just made a hash of that back pass. But well done to spence for patching onto it.

Despite the fact they sat deep and didn't want to win that game, i thought credit where its due, mensing was commanding that defence quite well.

Still got to be the worst game i certainly think i have ever seen at starks.

I've never seen us play well against 10 men, ever. Thought we looked fine today and was a marked improvement to the Stranraer and Brora game imo. Vaughan was everywhere and whilst his deliveries were getting slated, and rightly so, he then put in a tremendous cross for our 2nd. Davo though needs put down. When he doesn't have the ball he looks so uninterested.

Another 3 goals and 3 points. I'll take that.

11v11 would have suited us better. Forfar were more attack minded before going down to 10. It's really going to be tough viewing this season with teams just parking the bus.

I'm really unsure why Spence, in the 6 yard box felt the need to take a touch? Just smash it towards goal and the chances are it's in. He's a frustrating player at times.

Archived