Raith v Forfar

I would.

I can't see Smith benching Murray, therefore it will be Bene on the bench with Davo in the starting XI..

Managers have been sacked for less.

That would be Yogi Hughes levels of stupidity. I can't, in fact won't, accept Smith would sink to those depths.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I would.

I can't see Smith benching Murray, therefore it will be Bene on the bench with Davo in the starting XI..

Managers have been sacked for less.

I reckon he will start with Davo and Bene in defence. Murray looks a good player but has looked uncomfortable at times both at left back and centre half. Wasn't it said that Murray was a defensive midfielder when he signed or have I imagined that?

Feel a bit sorry for the lad Mckay I thought he looked decent up until the Alloa game where he was left badly exposed by the Players/formation down our left. Hope to see him get another chance soon. 

Really looking forward to Saturday's match seeing everyone's old strips, I was going to buy the 1988/89 home shirt a few months back but never got round to it, and went to buy it when this Retro day became knowledge to me. But it's no longer available. I think it might be my favourite home strip along with the tartan one in the 90's. I've opted for the 1970's shirt from the Toffs website. Does anyone else know of Websites which sell old strips?

Anyway, as for the match, I'll opt for another 3-0 win. Bene to score first from a corner.

03e61bce2d7f4d5554db2b10cc1fea74.jpg

Looking forward to my first league game of the season. I remember when Rovers and Forfar were playing each other in the First Division back in the '80s or early '90s. Rovers v Forfar games make me feel nostalgic.

I see there are a few ex Rovers in their squad - Malone, Mensing, McBride - and that guy Ousman Sow from Hearts is there too.

The one good thing about getting relegated is that most teams and players are new to you.

Hopefully we can get another win.

Did Hearts have a guy called Sow?

I see they did. Osman Sow and Ousman See. That would never get confusing.

I'm assuming Ousman See is the poorer element of that conundrum. Find out on Saturday, I suppose.

Not long, in fact non existent, it's been demolished for years now.

I was devastated when they knocked it down. When I came back from Leeds all I saw from the old site was new luxury flats

Pretty pissed off, my collection of Rovers tops is about 40/50 strong ranging from late 80's up to current however have gone from about 13 stone two year ago to nearly 17 so out of whole collection I fit in to two of them, yellow bar itza thing that was huge at the time but is now pretty tight and an xxl signed Martin Prest one that I got pissed and bought an an auction for silly money, £120 I think :/

Hope and expect game to go like last couple, one or two troubles en route to in end a comfy victory, will go with another 3-0

Archived