Dundee Utd v Brechin City

23 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Im just throwing this out there now but Billy King is fuckin atrocious. Hes the new Blair Spittal, unable to beat a man and shirks any 50/50

You will eat those words before the end of the season.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this and a few reports it sounds like we were very poor, so happy to get the points. Sounds like it was mainly stagnancy going forward, but how did the defence get on? Especially Quinn. Appears we have landed on our feet with Lewis

Just now, dregs 83 said:

From this and a few reports it sounds like we were very poor, so happy to get the points. Sounds like it was mainly stagnancy going forward, but how did the defence get on? Especially Quinn. Appears we have landed on our feet with Lewis

Quinn did OK and will improve with game time, totally agree about Lewis - great find.

I dont think King is too bad. So far seems a bit of a crapper and disappears ala Spittal, however he also seemed to pick up after Flood came on so maybe theres something there. Im willing to give him another 90 mins before writing his entire career with us off. Well, maybe 45.

I think at least 80% of our on field problems would also vanish if we got a semi competent manager. Im by far a Fraser fan but he is wasted on the right with two midgets in the box and no right foot. 

McDonald and Keatings are too similar and both seem to want to come short for the ball and have literally no body strength whatsoever.

Nkoyi looked to stay further forward and jostle with defenders which allowed more space for the midfielders hence why we need a big target man who can hold the ball up.

In days gone by, we would head up to Tannadice thinking, well, knowing Levein and Houstons teams were fit as fiddles, strong and would never shirk a tackle, be organised and have a game plan and a style of play. Now I expect f**k all other than complete confusion in defence when under pressure, no midfield cohesion in either an attacking or defending sense and strikers that see the ball on the ground once or twice a game.

Mckinnon is really howling.

I dont think King is too bad. So far seems a bit of a crapper and disappears ala Spittal, however he also seemed to pick up after Flood came on so maybe theres something there. Im willing to give him another 90 mins before writing his entire career with us off. Well, maybe 45.
I think at least 80% of our on field problems would also vanish if we got a semi competent manager. Im by far a Fraser fan but he is wasted on the right with two midgets in the box and no right foot. 
McDonald and Keatings are too similar and both seem to want to come short for the ball and have literally no body strength whatsoever.
Nkoyi looked to stay further forward and jostle with defenders which allowed more space for the midfielders hence why we need a big target man who can hold the ball up.
In days gone by, we would head up to Tannadice thinking, well, knowing Levein and Houstons teams were fit as fiddles, strong and would never shirk a tackle, be organised and have a game plan and a style of play. Now I expect f**k all other than complete confusion in defence when under pressure, no midfield cohesion in either an attacking or defending sense and strikers that see the ball on the ground once or twice a game.
Mckinnon is really howling.

c3f0d07db151b8ca591370260bccaaba.gif

Gutted to lose that one. As most have said we were definitely worthy of a point. Everyone played their part but for me Crighton, Lynas, Graham and Orsi were excellent.

Hopefully we continue with 4 at the back. Gives us much more balance.

I have previously expressed concern as to whether McKinnon was the right guy to get us promoted.  For me the jury is still out.

On the positive side, so far this season I have seen decent signings given our budget and a willingness to drop players if they are not performing.  I still think there are some glaring problems - for example, is there another team in the league who finds it as difficult as us to retain possession when they get a throw in?

It will take another few games before we can see if we have what it takes to go all the way this season but I'm a bit more optimistic than I was at the tail end of last season.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Brechin certainly didn't sit in the same way we've seen other teams camp on the edge of their box. They basically went man for man across the final third which meant they were always close to a man and we couldn't really deal with it. I can't blame McKinnon for the performances of the majority of our players but I do think he should have gambled earlier with N'Koyi and possibly Chalmers. If Fraser didn't go down injured then I don't know when he would have changed it.

But some of our fans think Dods ( Dodds) is not very tactically aware so you must be mistaken !!!!  

4 hours ago, hedgeinthesouth said:

Thought we were excellent today gutted to have come away with nothing.Though graham and Crighton were standouts for Brechin today for me

Agreed, very good performance today and just needed to capitalise on an excellent 15 mins before half time. Would add Sinclair to the list of those who impressed too but Finn Graham was indeed excellent. Keep playing like that and the wins will come. Great support too - well done all round

Agreed, very good performance today and just needed to capitalise on an excellent 15 mins before half time. Would add Sinclair to the list of those who impressed too but Finn Graham was indeed excellent. Keep playing like that and the wins will come. Great support too - well done all round

Got to agree with you there I though sinclairs passing ability today was brilliant and he was very unlucky not to get a goal in the 2nd half hopefully we keep the same starting 11 for next week.The support was brilliant today. [emoji106]

Very Proud....two words sum up the way i feel today. Gutted we didn't take a point away from this. I hope we have proved the doubters in the City support that we can compete at this level and the points will come if we continue to put in displays like this. Well done guys . Huge game with ICT next at the Glebe . On yesterdays showing i fancy our chances.

Just adding my congratulations to the team and the tactics. Get the work rate and system right and we have shown we can match anyone (well the supposed title favourites).Two fingers to the doubters.

And who feeds into the BBC sports page? Terrible.

Never mind onto next week.

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

But some of our fans think Dods ( Dodds) is not very tactically aware so you must be mistaken !!!!  

16 hours ago, slangs said:

Great stuff 2day,just shows tho folks some on our site didn't think young Lynas or Graham were good enough for this league. Abso stand outs well done lads

Let's not get carried away guys it's one game, which we lost, huge improvement on what I've been seeing but let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill, it was a very good performance fair play to dods, it's took him 10 months to see what a lot of people have been seeing for months, play 4 at the back and give the players a chance, again very well done even tho we got beat I was proud after the game. I'm happy to get beat every game if we play like that

Archived