Dundee Utd v Brechin City

Greetings Utd fans i have 2 questions for you ......1 , Where abouts in the Stadiumo De Tannadice are we likely to to housed ?   2, Where can i park my tractor without the fear of it being clamped ? Thanks in advance for answers to these. Dont fret about anything guys , i know you've had 2 Dundee derbies close together but after you've played us 4 times as your derby game ( must be true as we play you at New Year ) you'll not want to bother with Dundee again and be dying to play us all the time. City fans , is bid McGeever available for this one and are we going to keep the same starting 11 that played against Livi ?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away fans will be in the shed.

Depending what time you turn up you shouldn't have any problems getting parked on streets around Caird Avenue. There's a car park off Dura Street but it means walking through the cauldron of hatred which is Arklay Street on match day.

42 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Any decent watering holes near to the ground?

I always recommend Frews but there are a few decent pubs nearby. If you have time then a few in the city centre and a quick taxi up to Tannadice is a good option.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I always recommend Frews but there are a few decent pubs nearby. If you have time then a few in the city centre and a quick taxi up to Tannadice is a good option.

Frews is literally the only option. Everywhere else is a bin. Maybe the Snug is fine too.

That said more often than not these days I'm finding myself in Trades and then taxi. Usually works out about 6 quid.

19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Depending what time you turn up you shouldn't have any problems getting parked on streets around Caird Avenue. There's a car park off Dura Street but it means walking through the cauldron of hatred which is Arklay Street on match day.

The shed is that the area behind the goal ?

48 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yes

Officially known as the west stand until Granny Danger goes onto meet his Great reward at which point it will be Renamed.

Can't see the "Thank f**k The Old c**t Is Finally Dead Stand" getting approval.  

ETA - if they're going to censure the sweary words at least leave the capitalisation in place.  :angry:

Are all away fans in the shed now? I thought they just got a section of the main stand.

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

Are all away fans in the shed now? I thought they just got a section of the main stand.

All in the shed now which seems a waste of time to me.

Cowdenbeath are just getting a section of the Jerry Kerr on Tuesday which to me would be more sensible for, with the greatest respect, Brechin, Livi, Dumbarton and probably even Inverness, Morton and Queens. It would create a better atmosphere for away fans instead of being spread around a 1400 seat stand.

22 minutes ago, greendot said:

Pfft, you've ruined our chant now for Saturday! :whistle

It's quality not quantity that matters.  We promise not to report any opposing player or manager  to the police if they have the audacity to reply to any taunts !!!  ;)

BTW is that Woody in the front of that picture ? 

Maybe 300 max......Unless we have a few Dees in there giving it some of course .

Think that's a bit optimistic seeing as we are not getting a great deal more than that for home games but it's hard to guage due to the novelty factor. Would be pleasantly surprised if we had near 300.

5 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Think that's a bit optimistic seeing as we are not getting a great deal more than that for home games but it's hard to guage due to the novelty factor. Would be pleasantly surprised if we had near 300.

That's  why I added the max  part.  ;)   

Possibly  that 2nd half performance on Saturday might encourage a few more than usual. 

Archived