Ferry Boys vs Super Ayr

Yesterday was also as bad a feeling as I have suffered since Scotland v England game, the highs and lows of football, it will be a straight fight between Raith and Ayr for the title I reckon that we will be in the Play Offs, but its early days and we all know how quick things change in this league!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

moff-breaks-hamill.gif.4090863ee2d7a0f50930e9b2505aee6c.gif

Hamill is going to be what Paul Cairney was to us a couple of seasons ago, split the fans down the middle.
Thought he'd be a good addition but only good game I've seen him have was against Larne who are probably the equivalent to Maybole.

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

Hamill is going to be what Paul Cairney was to us a couple of seasons ago, split the fans down the middle.
Thought he'd be a good addition but only good game I've seen him have was against Larne who are probably the equivalent to Maybole.

He saved us with a great goal v east fife ,our only league win , but I think his best days are behind him , puts in a decent shift but getting caught out too many times , I feel the same with Barron , a decent player but getting slow and also making costly mistakes 

He saved us with a great goal v east fife ,our only league win , but I think his best days are behind him , puts in a decent shift but getting caught out too many times , I feel the same with Barron , a decent player but getting slow and also making costly mistakes 

Funny you say that because I would've liked us to have signed him but after seeing him being left for dead by Moffat who isn't the fastest made me glad we left him.

Thought he was decent yesterday apart from that. Stifled Docherty in midfield in the first half and broke up most of our play.

I feel that had McCall stuck Crawford on him in the second half instead of playing him out wide he would've struggled to deal with his dribbling and speed but Crawford set up Boyle for the winner while playing wide so I clearly know nothing

13 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Handsome b*****ds?

On 20/08/2017 at 22:53, somerset_lad00 said:

Funny you say that because I would've liked us to have signed him but after seeing him being left for dead by Moffat who isn't the fastest made me glad we left him.

Thought he was decent yesterday apart from that. Stifled Docherty in midfield in the first half and broke up most of our play.

I feel that had McCall stuck Crawford on him in the second half instead of playing him out wide he would've struggled to deal with his dribbling and speed but Crawford set up Boyle for the winner while playing wide so I clearly know nothing

That reads like Moffat is slow, I wish all our players were as slow as The Moff.

19 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That reads like Moffat is slow, I wish all our players were as slow as The Moff.

Moff diff class. But as the trend is Stranraer come strong about Xmas and Ayr always start to slide. Like us they need to get your defence sorted both defenses all over the place.

Just now, thomas 62 said:

Moff diff class. But as the trend is Stranraer come strong about Xmas and Ayr always start to slide. Like us they need to get your defence sorted both defenses all over the place.

We've not started playing yet.

We definately haven't been at our best yet , no idea why and no excuses , I feel Ayr were better than 3-4 and the score flattered us , but as said we will improve and need a couple of wins to help confidence , likewise Ayr although off to a great start will have a bad patch at some point in the season . Still can't see past Raith and Ayr for 1st and 2nd with us in or around 4th .

On 8/21/2017 at 23:25, ayrmad said:

Moff's athleticism improved massively last year. So quick and direct. Just that wayward shooting that lets him down. No surprise to see Ayr with nine points from nine. 

Moff's athleticism improved massively last year. So quick and direct. Just that wayward shooting that lets him down. No surprise to see Ayr with nine points from nine. 

I expected Moff to be a shadow of his old self but obviously full time training over the past few years has developed and strengthened him. To me he is a better player now than he was 3 years ago.

56 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Moff's biggest handicap has always been thinking time, he's always been better in front of goal when he doesn't have time to think about it.

13 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Been an absolute pleasure watching the Moff this season.

Worth the entrance money alone.

He was excellent for us last year - his best season by far. We have a way of playing where it's all about the forwards just exploding forward as soon as they get the ball and Moff was perfect for that. Controls the ball and beats players with ease. Just has a bit of a mental block at times with finishing but otherwise a class act. 

He's too good for this league in my opinion. Clever with his movement and touch against Stranraer last Saturday. We give him dogs abuse but thats only because we wish he was playing for us. Moffat caused us problems years ago while playing for Girvan.

Archived